The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strip lighting around the interior roof

+3
CC
murph
nicholascross
7 posters

Go down

Strip lighting around the interior roof  Empty Strip lighting around the interior roof

Post by nicholascross Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:36 pm

Has anyone had experience of getting the covers off the strip lighting in the Nuevo? Ours has dead flies behind it but I can't see any way of getting the cover off. Any advice would be most welcome please.
nicholascross
nicholascross

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Strip lighting around the interior roof  Empty Re: Strip lighting around the interior roof

Post by murph Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi Nick,
I presume you are refering to the roughly oval shaped lights attached to the ceiling with tranclucent plastic covers these are held in by moulded plastic hookswhich are part of the cover using a small flat screwdriver carefully lever one side of the cover towards the centre line of the light and they should pop out they do flex slightly but dont be brutal.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Strip lighting around the interior roof  Empty Re: Strip lighting around the interior roof

Post by CC Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:50 pm

We just had a look at ours curious to know how the covers remove just in case we have to change a bulb or clean in the future, MrsCC found that if you ease a finger in the top at one end you can gently prise the cover off but be careful as it sits in a channel and will spring off so hold in the middle as you prise it away.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Strip lighting around the interior roof  Empty strip lighting

Post by murph Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:21 pm

Thanks for the photo CC different light to the one I was thinking of.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:38 pm

murph wrote:Thanks for the photo CC different light to the one I was thinking of.

Brian

Hi Brian... Does the Lancashire have the same strip lighting I presume it must have?

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Strip lighting around the interior roof  Empty strip lighting

Post by murph Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:16 pm

Hi CC,
Our Lancashire is a Series 1, We couldnt afford the MK2 and it was 9 inches longer anyway, and we wanted as short as possible for ease of parking, I believe that one of the differences is in the lighting. We have 3 lights down the middle which I think are the same type as the one barely showing top centre of your photo, + 4 spotlights, origonally halogen but now LED. After complaints from Mrs M about the kitchen being dark I have added a metre strip (60 LEDs) of stickyback LED along the bottom of the overhead cupboards & another short strip (12 LEDs) along the side of the fridge to light the entrance and the bottom shelves, she is now much happier. I have also added 2 strips (1 either side) of 9 LEDs to the cab ceiling to improve light for reading when sitting in the reversed cab seats, as the nearest spotlights are obscured by the panelling.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Strip lighting around the interior roof  Empty Strip lighting around interior roof of Nuevo

Post by Fatima Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:20 pm

I have just purchased a 2007 Nuevo (which I think is fabulous by the way). It has 3 central lights & 4 spots but also has the strips as in the photo. However altho' these LOOK like lights there is no evidence of any switch!?! Are they actually lights or just the vestigial cosmetic remains of a previous lighting system?

Fatima
Fatima

Female

Member Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by PennyandDerek Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Fatima,
They are switched on from your control panel.
After pressing the on/off button (bottom left on the panel) you have another set of buttons presented to you.
The one marked ENT (for entrance lights) should switch on those lights.
Why 'entrance lights' can't have a switch by the door has yet to be satisfactorily explained.
Hope this helps.

Derek

PS Did you buy from a dealer- 'cos you should have had a proper handover?
PPS Did your Nuevo come with all of its relevant paperwork?
PennyandDerek
PennyandDerek
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES Lowline
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:59 am

Hi Fatima,
Could you find the time to introduce yourself here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

when you just jump in on a thread (especially an old one like this one), unless every member reads every posting, no-one knows you're there.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:00 am

Fatima wrote:I have just purchased a 2007 Nuevo (which I think is fabulous by the way). It has 3 central lights & 4 spots but also has the strips as in the photo. However altho' these LOOK like lights there is no evidence of any switch!?! Are they actually lights or just the vestigial cosmetic remains of a previous lighting system?

You should have an additional fob remote which will switch on your exterior awning light as you approach the vehicle, and it also switches on the strip lighting (entry lighting as it's called in manual) the fobs buttons consist of a triangle and a circle? your control panel needs to be switched on and out of standby / hibernation before you use the remote (i think) give the fob a go and see if they work if not the battery may need replacing.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatima Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:45 pm

Many thanks. we do indeed have said fob & will try it - van in storage down the road so will have a look when we next visit her. In answer to the previous comment: Yes we bought from Marquis - good handover but no mention of these "lights" and also no mention in the copious paperwork including AS handbook which came with the vehicle.

Don't recall a button marked "ENT" on the control panel - just the awning light button but will look again!
Fatima
Fatima

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatima Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:08 pm

The awning light AND the inside strip lights of Nuevo (2007) are switched on by button on key fob but this now seems to have stopped working. There is no other way to put strip lights on (the control panel only works the awning light - and that still works so not bulb or fuse). Tried new battery in fob - no help. Any other suggestions?
Fatima
Fatima

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi Fatima,I also have just got a 07 Nuevo & had similar problems with these lights.
When you press the button just wait a few seconds as I think there on a bit of a timer?, so if you press too many times you turn them off again.
I changed the battery on the remote & also did a reset on the sensor which is in the manual.
Mine seem to work fine now.

Last edited by Tigerbadge on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling )
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatima Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:36 pm

Can't see any mention of how to reset the sensor in the manual. Could you please explain??
Fatima
Fatima

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:19 pm

Sorry it’s not a reset, it’s for additional fobs but I did it anyway 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatima Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:23 pm

Thanks for your help & prompt reply - tried but no beep and didn't solve the problem so looks like I need new battery. Fingers crossed!
Fatima
Fatima

Female

Back to top Go down