The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overheating ceiling light

Go down

Overheating ceiling light Empty Overheating ceiling light

Post by Rhysandmel on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:08 pm

Having recently bought a 2005 Nuevo ES I found one ceiling light didn't work. On taking it down I found one end melted. Perhaps a safety feature saved an internal fire. Has anyone had the same problem. Should I replace all the other 4 or 5 lamps?  Can I buy an LED replacement which might be safer?? confused3
Rhysandmel
Rhysandmel
New Member
New Member

Male

Posts : 4
Joined : 2012-06-26
Member Age : 80
Location : West Horsley, Surrey
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Overheating ceiling light Empty Re: Overheating ceiling light

Post by CC on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:04 pm

Don't think you need to replace them all, I would just replace the faulty one myself.

My local camping shop does the LED version but they're twice the price of the Halogen version scratch head

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
Get a life..... Get an Auto-Sleeper!
CC
CC
Moderator
Moderator

Male

Posts : 3542
Joined : 2011-02-05
Member Age : 55
Location : North Norfolk
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Overheating ceiling light Empty Re: Overheating ceiling light

Post by Rhysandmel on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:49 pm

Thanks. I suppose the lamp "dying" effectively avoided a fire in the van. My lamp was an "Ellipse" by Lumo lighting and I've ordered a replacement from Jacksons Leisure Supplies. Thank you again.
Rhysandmel
Rhysandmel
New Member
New Member

Male

Posts : 4
Joined : 2012-06-26
Member Age : 80
Location : West Horsley, Surrey
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Overheating ceiling light Empty Re: Overheating ceiling light

Post by -mojo- on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:43 pm

Rhysandmel wrote:Thanks. I suppose the lamp "dying" effectively avoided a fire in the van.

You're probably Ok with that type of light. They are a reputable make, so they almost certainly have a good internal design with self-extinguishing plastics where needed. It's relatively rare these days to get any significant fire risk from this type of device, because it will typically be fused at such a low current rating that fire is not realistically possible.
-mojo-
-mojo-
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 4566
Joined : 2012-08-04
Member Age : 20
Location : Southeast
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum