The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AEG motor homes

+4
KTF
boxerman
roli
artheytrate
8 posters

Go down

AEG motor homes  Empty AEG motor homes

Post by artheytrate Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:38 pm

As some of you know I had problems with AEG motor homes. Right from the start of buying our 2014 Auto Sleeper Broadway EB, any way they have come up trumps.
We had water ingress from the rear of the dashboard in January I could not find where it was entering the van, so I took it to the Peugeot dealers who had it for a day and a half as they could not initially find where it was entering the cab.
They finally found that whoever AEG had used to install the alarm they had sliced through the bulk head gromitt and pushed the alarm wires through,and rain water was tracking down the alarm wiring and dripping into the cab.
Peugeot stated that it was not a warranty issue and the repair costs plus labour was £265, so I contacted AEG and asked if they would pay the money back to me.
It has taken 6 months of emails back and forth but they have got the alarm fitters to refund me the full amount and today I recieved a cheque from AEG for the £265.
In the end AEG have come up trumps for once and in my opinion have wiped the slate clean.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

AEG motor homes  Empty Re: AEG motor homes

Post by roli Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:10 pm

Good to hear of satisfactory outcomes even when they have taken a long time
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:24 pm

Doesn't the sale of goods act or whatever say that it is the sellers responsibility to rectify faults, and not manufacturers or sub contractors.
Don't suppose you're bothered now that you've got your money but I reckon AEG should have paid you right away and then claimed off the sub contractor. They employed the sub contractor, not you - correct?

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:53 pm

Yes Frank they employed the sub contractor.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

Post by KTF Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:58 pm

AEG Motorhomes.
We where draw to AEG because they where the closest dealer that had a New Auto-Sleeper Kingham for sale.
The initial sale process was as expected. Date agreed for collection, a Saturday did cause them a problem because they don't normally have a Technical handover person available but for us it was OK.
The handover started well with the offer of Coffee. The vehicle looked splendid under the showroom lights. Having owned previous motorhomes we understood the basics but felt that we had to keep pulling the Tech guy back to explain some of the new additions like the rear tyre inflation and check valve located under the rear bumper, the temp sensor on the mirror and the management system for the lights heating etc. The more we questioned the faster he went until the sales guy turned up and he was off.
Handover finished on to sales. The fact that the activation of the tracker was extra when it was an advertised item and fitted by Auto-Sleeper took us back. The SAT Nav unit was the only type that could be Bluetoothed to the reversing camera. Wheel locking nuts where extra. Sale done lets go home. On driving the van out of the showroom into daylight we spotted that the Step casement was rusting in the corners, sales informed us that this should have been sorted at PI time but he would take photos and arrange for service to get a new step, and BTW there is a BP garage around the corner. So with No fuel and with the Tracker activation we are now down £300. (plus already the need to return the New Kingham for some warranty work).
The drive home was very unpleasant with the side window casement vibration, the microwave rattling the thought what on earth have we just done. Exchanged a perfect Tribute Motorhome for what!!.
Once home the first of many conversations followed by emails followed by Solicitors.
The faults we found with the build quality where just down to very shoddy workmanship by Auto-Sleeper trained technicians. It broke down and needed Peugeot Assist to get it started on its first trip.
The van was returned to AEG with a list. (also with the faults marked inside the van with tape)
We had to help Sales to find the list of items in his email system as he could not remember ever having any.
Finally after chasing we received the OK to go and collect the van. Again a Saturday so none of the Service Staff would be available but Sales would have the keys.
On arriving and opening the door of the van to find the cab carpet had not been fitted back in place, missing clips, part of the under dash hanging down and that the window casement had not been refitted. Some other warranty items would need to be done after Auto-Sleeper had approved them. 
We had a very important trip booked for the following weekend so needed the Van, home we went with an assurance from sales that they would collect the van get the work done and return it to us after our trip.
It broke down again. 
The van was collected and kept with AEG for over 3 weeks so they can get the Warranty work completed.
Its now going into the Winter Season we have missed several trips through the summer but managed a total of 4 nights away and found out how the Peugeot Assist works. 
So when it does finally come back it will be stored for the winter and we will have to see what 2018 gives us.
KTF
KTF

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:05 pm

Not a good start eh! Hope it all goes well and the defects are sorted ,
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:30 pm

wow ! , that is unacceptable, suppose to be the top MH builder, seems to me that was long ago. today pride in the job seems to be sadly lacking. I would never have a new one. Not the only firm no doubt, but don`t think they are doing themselves any favours.After all potential customers are going to other makes. 

I remember years ago 2006 to be exact, had a brand new caravan from Avondale, first time away, noticed damp in the bedroom ceiling, taken back, Avondale had to strip it all out at the back end, toilet shower out, roof peeled back over half way and it was completly rebuilt, we didn`t want it back, had no choice as it was repairable so  had to keep it.

To our delight it was written off in the bad hailstorm of 2012 ,never did like it after the rebuild.  Avondale were no more later, blamed all the vans troubles on faulty sealant. amongst others. 

Auto-sleeper take note.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by MIKE L Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:10 pm

Hi, I too have had a problem with these people, see my posts on diesel in water tank on van conversions forum, also in the sticky in technical chat.
MIKE L

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : WARWICK DUO
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by KTF Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:44 am

Our Kingham is finally back home. Having been with AEG Motorhomes for 3 weeks. The paint defect, decals and the water pump all now fixed.
The isolation ignition switch. AEG agree when you use it you can not use the remote to open the doors, if you place the key in the ignition too soon it sets the dials off and cancels out the clock and date. That seems to be the way it has been set up by Auto-Sleeper who we (AEG) no longer deal with as they have had so many problems with them like this vehicle. 
We are going to the NEC and will try and get some sort of answers out of Auto-Sleeper about the build quality and issues with our vehicle.
KTF
KTF

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:58 am

I see AEG are no longer AS dealers. I wonder who kicked who into touch?Nearest to their area is now another new dealer, Go European at Gailey, Staffs.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by KTF Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:05 pm

AEG Motorhomes are now only Swift dealers. This leaves us very uncertain AEG took our money but Auto-Sleeper are mainly the issue with build quality. Its such a shame as we like the layout of the Kingham
KTF
KTF

Male

Back to top Go down