The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello

+3
roli
Ramblers
Lancky
7 posters

Go down

Hello Empty Hello

Post by Lancky Sat May 21, 2016 7:49 pm

Hi, We have just taken possession of a 2004 Nuevo after many years of owning a caravan and never an Autosleeper so we thought this might be a good forum to join as part of our new venture. It has taken a couple of years of researching and hope we have come up with the perfect 'rig'. Now to sell the caravan and possibly the towing car

Last edited by Lancky on Sun May 22, 2016 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Lancky
Lancky

Female

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post by Ramblers Sat May 21, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum from Leicestershire.

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat May 21, 2016 9:33 pm

asof_welcome2
From Warrington
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sat May 21, 2016 10:50 pm

Hello and asof_welcome2 from Leicestershire, sensible choice, why faff about with a caravan when you can sit back and within five minutes , with  a drink etc. Enjoy and happy camper

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancky Sun May 22, 2016 1:32 am

Exactly! I am looking forward to arriving at the Site, filling up the water [amount depends whether there are 'facilities], going to my pitch, levellers out if needed..kettle on...after a cuppa putting up the awning or not, and if so then moving on to a beer after the 1 hr awning set up. 
Why have I dragged around a caravan all these years?...oh yes 3 children who left Home many moons ago but we lived as if they were still with us....grandchildren now but they have to 'fit in'. Try telling that to 3 dogs though. They let us live with them...
Lancky
Lancky

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun May 22, 2016 7:40 am

Hi and welcome to the forum from Bridlington, lots of really helpfull Nuevo owners on the forum who will if needed will guide you through the finer points on the Nuevo .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sun May 22, 2016 8:08 am

Why not fill up with water at home,?  less faffing, might not be so easy if others are doing the same, not all sites have MH service points, might not be able to get MH near a tap, and other campers will not be pleased if they are queuing. no awning to muck about with, or levellers. I don`t have any.seems as though you are using MH as half way to  caravan. not criticising, just saying , perhaps hard to get out of the habit, my husband has a  caravan  cannot get him into MH, he spends a good hour or more setting up, must be a man thing, I don`t see the point, life is too short, alright  if you intend to stay in one place,  then again MH is for touring . be interesting to see if any other members have a view.

Same when leaving, check windows , cupboads closed etc, gas off start engine and go, another five minutes. that's the idea of MH just go.

Idea with a motorhome is.... drive on pitch turn off engine, kettle on, or wine/ beer opened,  five minutes later sitting with a drink, no need for anything else but  watching tuggers  arriving thinking I am glad I don`t have to do all that.

Welcome to a friendly forum, where plenty of help and  advice is here if needed and want it.

Just go and enjoy your motorhome a different life to tugging, I know, I  have had thirty years of tugging and yes I have towed a large caravan. wasn`t just a passenger. hugegrins that is why I bought a motorhome. more fun.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun May 22, 2016 8:27 am

Welcome from N.E Wales handshake .    Also an ex-tugger of many years and now have a Nuevo too (came to it via a Symphony van conversion as first entry to motorhomes). We also, like Daisy Mae, take sufficient water on board, so that we can have the kettle on within minutes of arrival on site (subject to hook-up and levellers needed or not). Your avatar shows what the priorities should be, chill out, the awning can wait, if you really feel you need it.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancky Sun May 22, 2016 12:11 pm

I thought I had replied but I must not have pressed the right button so I will write it again and take the risk of both replies showing.
Some interesting points and yes there are some 'tugger' habits we need to discard and the more the better! I take your points about water but also conscious of the fuel consumption [though maybe it is no worse than when we were towing]. One of the great attractions of the MH is to just pull up when we come across a lovely view etc, use the on board 'facilities' and have a cuppa. Even more attractive with the dogs as we got tired of only ever being able to sit outside places in the often not so glorious English weather. If it was raining then we had to forego refreshments. 

As for the awning we will put it up if pitched for more than one night as it gets crowded in the van with the dogs and also they can be untethered in there. It takes 30 mins if we both do it but usually I walk the dogs while Mr L pumps it up and pegs out. He is very particular about the pegging out which adds on at least an extra 15 mins!

I know this will all sound like our dogs rule our holidays but they don't really...or at least it does not feel like they do to us. On the couple of trips we have already done it has been so much easier in the MH than the caravan and car with them.
Lancky
Lancky

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sun May 22, 2016 12:25 pm

Lancky wrote:I thought I had replied but I must not have pressed the right button so I will write it again and take the risk of both replies showing.
Some interesting points and yes there are some 'tugger' habits we need to discard and the more the better! I take your points about water but also conscious of the fuel consumption [though maybe it is no worse than when we were towing]. One of the great attractions of the MH is to just pull up when we come across a lovely view etc, use the on board 'facilities' and have a cuppa. Even more attractive with the dogs as we got tired of only ever being able to sit outside places in the often not so glorious English weather. If it was raining then we had to forego refreshments. 

As for the awning we will put it up if pitched for more than one night as it gets crowded in the van with the dogs and also they can be untethered in there. It takes 30 mins if we both do it but usually I walk the dogs while Mr L pumps it up and pegs out. He is very particular about the pegging out which adds on at least an extra 15 mins!

I know this will all sound like our dogs rule our holidays but they don't really...or at least it does not feel like they do to us. On the couple of trips we have already done it has been so much easier in the MH than the caravan and car with them.
You have lost me there, confused !!!

Also have dogs, by pumping up I take it you have an inflatable awning, which is heavy, have you checked your weight? the van I mean when loaded to go away, complete with dogs, I think the Nuevo payload is less than mine. weight is vital in a motorhome, only trying to help. as the penalties are horrendous.
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun May 22, 2016 1:18 pm

Payload on a Nuevo should not be a problem. Fully loaded for holiday (without an awning or dogs) and we still have over 400kg to spare.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancky Sun May 22, 2016 1:42 pm

I am not sure why I have confused you Daisy Mae but I am guessing it is what you have highlighted in my post about always having to sit outside. We like to stop for tea and cake when we are out and you can rarely take dogs into a tea shop. We would have to choose ones that had outside seating regardless of the wind etc. Now we can be inside or outside the MH and so have our cake and eat it so to speak!

Payload is not a problem. Another reason for changing to a MH as now we don't take half as much 'stuff'. I have just asked Mr L and the awning in total weighs less than 18K and of course NO poles and he says we are well under the Nuevo allowance....mind we might not be if we keep eating cake  winkin!

Oh and 'im indoors never does forums but he contributes via me from his armchair!
Lancky
Lancky

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sun May 22, 2016 3:01 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, had visions of you sitting outside in a layby , my mistake, sorry never thought of a café, apologies.
Best regards,
M

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancky Sun May 22, 2016 4:35 pm

Last weekend we even managed to leave the dogs in the MH while we went into a NT tea room...bliss and a first!  It was mild enough to have the blinds down and skylight open for them and they never moved inside from what we could see. Result   sit
Lancky
Lancky

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sun May 22, 2016 4:44 pm

In my experience dogs are far better in a motorhome than a car, it is their home too, can have ventilation ,shades on the windows, more room for them, and doesn`t get hot like a car does, so winner all round. Beardie Collie owners / breeders have gone for motorhomes as some beardies are not good in a car.

Enjoy your van, good time of year to start.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sun May 22, 2016 5:43 pm

Welcome from Poldarkland!

Most of the time our van is used for trips to the beach or just stopping for a coffee and enjoying a long walk. In this part of the World when all the tourists have gone home and all the facilities are shut it means we can get the best out of the area. Horses for courses, caravans have benefits but motorhomes are so much more flexible!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum