The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas fire blows out

+3
whisky
roli
Peterm
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gas fire blows out - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas fire blows out

Post by whisky Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi Brian.

Quite like the idea. How is the swiveling part with the wind vane fixed to the extension. Is it just pushed on and if so does it not blow off when on the move?

Cheers. Whisky. scratch head

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Gas fire blows out - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas fire blows out

Post by murph Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi Wiskey and Roli,
Here is an exploded photo of the cowl, I dont think that it would blow off with that much up inside, held down by the weight of the vane which is 12in x 61/2 of 18guage steel held on by 2 poprivets, The bottom of it sits on a plywood washer faced with another washer made of the same steel as the vane, because I felt that there might be too much friction between the plastic pipe and the wooden washer to enable it to rotate freely. If I have any trouble with rotation when winds are not strong enough to turn it but strong enough to blow the fire out I have a piece of dowel with a hook on it so that I can rotate it through the Heiki.

Cheers

Brian

Ps I do not plan to leave it on when on the move so I will have to carry the luton ladder suitably padded to enable me to get at it

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by murph on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding PS)
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Gas fire blows out - Page 2 Empty heater no longer blows out

Post by murph Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi Wiskey,
I decided after your comment, to tie the cowl down with a long piece of nylon cord in case I forgot to remove to go on the road, and it did blow off, this is about a yard long to allow for variable winds turning it round and round when unattended.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2