The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Sad Sight

+2
Paulmold
Dave 418
6 posters

Go down

A Sad Sight Empty A Sad Sight

Post by Dave 418 Thu May 05, 2016 8:12 pm

so_sad  Whilst on our travels this week we were taking in the sights of Amsterdam. The quieter parts away from the usual haunts, honest.
On a street near the Opera House we found what appeared to be an abandoned  51 plate Autosleeper. It looked the same as our Rienza but the model name on the door was not readable because of the grime, something beginning with "r" is best I could read. I only looked at the o/s for fear of being run over by a tram.
The o/s skirt was badly damaged and the trim from the o/s door pillar was missing revealing rust. A warning to take heed of after the rust issues on my Duetto.
It may have still been in use but I think not.
 I cant help but think of the bad reasons for it being there. Such a shame if it has been abandoned. so_sad
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

A Sad Sight Empty Re: A Sad Sight

Post by Paulmold Thu May 05, 2016 8:33 pm

A Ravenna perhaps?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Thu May 05, 2016 8:40 pm

Sad sight here this afternoon when we left the Windsor after picking up new van
Had some lovely holidays, rallies and trips in it - memories !!!
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Thu May 05, 2016 10:58 pm

Glad I am not the only one to think that way Roger. We had a Nueveo and went round France, Switzerland, Belgium, Germany.. Had some wonderful times, and passing it on to the dealer is like losing an old and trusted friend. Of course there is so much you have to learn on the handover to a new van that you have no time to dwell too long. Enjoy your Warwick Duo.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Fri May 06, 2016 9:04 am

Dave 418 wrote:so_sad  Whilst on our travels this week we were taking in the sights of Amsterdam. The quieter parts away from the usual haunts, honest.
On a street near the Opera House we found what appeared to be an abandoned  51 plate Autosleeper. It looked the same as our Rienza but the model name on the door was not readable because of the grime, something beginning with "r" is best I could read. I only looked at the o/s for fear of being run over by a tram.
The o/s skirt was badly damaged and the trim from the o/s door pillar was missing revealing rust. A warning to take heed of after the rust issues on my Duetto.
It may have still been in use but I think not.
 I cant help but think of the bad reasons for it being there. Such a shame if it has been abandoned. so_sad

Did you take a photo, we could'a done some detective work? smile!
meanchris

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri May 06, 2016 10:20 am

tap_fingers Sadly I didn't take my camera on that day. I think it was a Ravena now you mention it. As I said I didn't want to start wiping the muck off to get a better look.
I forgot we also found an old U/K  registered Transit on the site we stayed at. We both thought it was not used but it had gone by the time we left. Being on the edge of Amsterdam there was a good selection of vans from all over Europe.
We thought of the Warwick to replace our Duetto. The rear lounge is a must for us just not Seval  based. Pity there are so few rear lounge vans available on the Ford base here. Plenty in New Zealand. happyno
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri May 06, 2016 3:15 pm

Lunar are doing them on the Merc Sprinter.    AS recon the Sprinter is too narrow to convert, dont know about that the Pug will need getting used to for passing inside
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Fri May 06, 2016 4:15 pm

Generally the Transit is a fair bit narrower than the Sevel based vans. If I recall the maximum internal width is about 5ft 10ins, that's why we rarely set up the double bed to sleep widthways in ours. The X250 can have transverse beds made up to about 6ft 1ins or so. I understand the Mk8 Transit Custom has the same internal dimensions as the Mk 6 and Mk7's but I've not explored the ugly new big Transit yet.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri May 06, 2016 4:55 pm

Our new Sevel is definitely narrower than the Mk7 Tranny.  We have had to remove the arm rests so we can get into the cab. Coming home yesterday I noticed my arm would rest on the drivers door trim, no way would it reach in the Tranny.   Thats just the cab, not the bodyshell
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri May 06, 2016 5:04 pm

Very few converters use the Renault, I wonder why. Devon do and Wildax, and because the nose is a bit squatter the whole vehicle is a bit shorter which would be great for us.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Fri May 06, 2016 6:10 pm

The Renault is also a Vauxhall and a Nissan, like the Boxer is also a Fiat and a Citroen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I can't speak for the cabs but the Mk6 and 7 Transits were identical from the cab rearwards, though A/S decided to use a different length on the Duetto when the model changed. 

The maximum length of a transverse bed in a Tranny was 1.22m (or 5ft 10ins with a bit of overlap) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] A/S have all the transverse double beds in their PVC's as 1.87m (6ft 2ins). It's one of the reasons that Adria had such success with their Twin model, which led to the massive growth in PVC popularity. Before the X250 vans, none were wide enough for a 6ft plus transverse bed.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum