The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement Seat covers

4 posters

Go down

Replacement Seat covers  Empty Replacement Seat covers

Post by richardfranklyn Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi, has anyone bought replacement seat covers for driver and passenger seats in an an auto sleeper Nuevo. 2005 Peugeot boxer. Our seat covers are slightly frayed and a little dog eared, So it is more cosmetic than protective. We have briefly thought about full re-upholstery, but think it may be too pricey.  many thanks for any advice. Wife of Richard rolleyes
richardfranklyn
richardfranklyn

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Replacement Seat covers  Empty Re: Replacement Seat covers

Post by Quilter Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:32 pm

We' re in the process of having removable  loose covers made for the cab and hab seats of our 2014 Broadway. Nothing wrong with the upholstery other than we really cannot live with the awful pattern. I have made loose covers for a previous van but they don't quite fit this one. I've also tried throws etc.

I have tried all the big names in boat, caravan and motorhome reupholstery but either they do not do loose covers at all or the fabric they offer is one stage worse than we have as far as jazzy patterns goes. The reupholstery fabric they offer looks fine but no point in having new seats reupholstered.

More in hope than expectation I phoned Plumbs. Yes, they will do it and smeonec is coming on Tuesday to measure and show us fabric. Watch this space !
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by richardfranklyn Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:11 pm

Thanks for reply. will wait to see how you get on with plumbs. Jazzy patterns seem very popular , but not for us. Many thanks. smile!
richardfranklyn
richardfranklyn

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:59 pm

Richard: I've just sent you a PM.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by BVMC Tue May 03, 2016 1:09 pm

Quilter wrote:
More in hope than expectation I phoned Plumbs. Yes, they will do it and someone is coming on Tuesday to measure and show us fabric. Watch this space !

Hi Quilter,

I'm interested in seeing the result you get too... please keep us posted!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue May 03, 2016 4:36 pm

BVMC wrote:

Hi Quilter,

I'm interested in seeing the result you get too... please keep us posted!

We have had measurements taken, chosen the fabric and are waiting for them to be made. Plumbs will not make fitted cab seat covers as we hoped though they would do a sort of slip cover - not unlike the sort of things that are put on dining chairs for weddings etc. We've chosen a plain, knobbly creamy/ honey colour for the bench seats and decided that the small amount of Moonbeam Green ( think that's what its called) on the cab seats is liveable with and looks well with the rest so will not cover them. 

I've also found some curtains that I hope will pull everything together and so am about to cut them up and make a cab curtain and 2 new window curtains.

Never really done coordinated before but we seem to spend more and more time in the van so can't live with the Moonbeam Green much longer.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy Tue May 03, 2016 9:23 pm

Have you tried contacting Relux/Premier in Ilkeston who most likely made the original covers.
Had a long chat with them at Peterborough and they can supply loose covers maybe even in the correct fabric to match or if you are not too bothered about the match may even have a set pre-made that they are looking to clear out of the warehouse at reasonable cost
Could be worth a phone call
David

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue May 03, 2016 9:47 pm

We had a look at their loose cover sample fabrics David and were not keen on them.  We wanted something plain and neutral in colour and not slippery or synthetic feeling.

The original upholstery is as new- it's only 2 years old and has been covered all the time. Snag is that we really do not like the pattern.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy Tue May 03, 2016 10:43 pm

Quilter wrote:We had a look at their loose cover sample fabrics David and were not keen on them.  We wanted something plain and neutral in colour and not slippery or synthetic feeling.

The original upholstery is as new- it's only 2 years old and has been covered all the time. Snag is that we really do not like the pattern.
Hi Quilter

Got to admit I was thinking more about Richard when I replied you seem to be already sorted

David

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down