The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Mot centre/garage in Brighton and Hove?

3 posters

Go down

Good Mot centre/garage in Brighton and Hove? Empty Good Mot centre/garage in Brighton and Hove?

Post by marc4242 Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:41 pm

Do any of you go to good smallish (eg not plc) garages that also mot campervans, in Brighton and Hove?
marc4242
marc4242
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Good Mot centre/garage in Brighton and Hove? Empty Re: Good Mot centre/garage in Brighton and Hove?

Post by marc4242 Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:43 pm

Or mot-only test centres that can do high tops?
marc4242
marc4242
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Good Mot centre/garage in Brighton and Hove? Empty Re: Good Mot centre/garage in Brighton and Hove?

Post by rogerblack Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:32 pm

I don't know in your area specifically but have you tried finding a local council MOT station? They can handle high vehicles and as they don't do repairs there's no incentive for them to 'fail' to gain extra work as some of the chains allegedly do.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by brodco Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:56 pm

Hi  wave

Since we have several members in the Brighton area I'm surprised you haven't had more replies.

A bit outside your target area but if you're prepared to travel a (very) few miles I've found Swift Motor Services very good.  I've used them for 6 years (since I got the van). They have two sites, the Station Road one is quite small but the Willowbrooke Road site services/MOTs  all sizes of motorhome.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It didn't surprise me when the passed a Trading Standards blind test: allthumbz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Brod
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by marc4242 Thu May 19, 2016 9:56 pm

Hi Brod

Yes, Swift I know, and they're great, I was just hoping to find somewhere nearer as it's a pain going to Worthing, however I'm going to stick with them now.  I wouldn't be surprised btw if you were the original one who recommended Swift to me 3-4 years ago.

One place I would not recommend, and I say this knowing that they're a very busy and successful, doubtless deservedly, large company, is Northern Commercial in Brighton and Hove.  Last year I needed some welding and they said they couldn't do it as the machine was broken.  Later on I had a problem with cutting out '.. you need computer to look at that and we don't have a computer" and the final one, we booked an MOT, my wife took the day off as holiday as she commutes to London, turned up for the MOT ".. the machine is broken we can't do MOTs", my wife said she'd taken a day's holiday to be there and couldn't they at least have phoned.  Not even a reply.  To my mind, if I ask a 
question of someone and they just stand there looking at me, it's just damned rude apart from anything else, and I was really annoyed for my wife having her time wasted. 

We're left with the overarching impression that fleets / bigger fish are what they do, and individual motorhomes are of no interest.   

Marc
marc4242
marc4242
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down