The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo grey water

+11
Paramedic
moggyminor1966
Askit
merv
Maasai Warrior
daisy mae
bikeralw
Gromit
yottieman
Greyhound
dbroada
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nuevo grey water - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuevo grey water

Post by Gromit Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:04 am

inspiredron wrote:
Sometimes I leave the waste tap open so that the bottom inch gets lost en route as it won't drain otherwise. To remind me to close it again I hzve some black tape over the end of the tap handle that is at the bottom when it is open.
Hi Ron

That is what upsets some people, and although I empathise with their concern and agree with them in principle, this again needs to be kept in perspective.

For a start I suspect many people do this (even if they don't own up to it Whistle1 ) since as you say, the last drop won't drain out of the tank otherwise. I certainly do on occasion. In any case, virtually all caravanners leave their grey waste drains open as they travel. As far as I'm aware few, if any, have a tap to close!! You have only to notice the streams of water pouring out as they leave a campsite!

A tip which may help some folk (and not too far off topic content ) it's a good idea occasionally to empty the grey waste before leaving a site, close the drain tap, then run all your remaining hot water down the sink with a drop of detergent. Then it will slosh about on the way home and help to remove any accumulated fatty gunge.

I like your idea of the black tape to indicate when the tap is open and closed. A couple of inches of Gorilla tape will be applied later - if it stops raining!

Dave smile!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisvesey Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:18 pm

and if anyone wants a fiamma wheeled grey waste tank I have one to sell. plus other things in the for sale section.
chris
chrisvesey
chrisvesey
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : sold it
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:15 pm

Gromit wrote:
inspiredron wrote:
Sometimes I leave the waste tap open so that the bottom inch gets lost en route as it won't drain otherwise. To remind me to close it again I hzve some black tape over the end of the tap handle that is at the bottom when it is open.
Hi Ron

That is what upsets some people, and although I empathise with their concern and agree with them in principle, this again needs to be kept in perspective.

For a start I suspect many people do this (even if they don't own up to it Whistle1 ) since as you say, the last drop won't drain out of the tank otherwise. 

Dave smile!

On our last trip away at the end of last year, we were on a privately owned site. As instructed by the owner, I was draining down the van onto a pile of stone chips which I assume were spread above his drain.  He came over to chat before we left the site and his parting shot was, "don't forget to leave both your taps open on the way home, to drain the tanks properly".
I didn't and they did content

Good idea about the tape, I will stick some on as well  allthumbz
Askit
Askit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:51 pm

I hope noone would be upset at the minor dribble from an open waste tap after the tank has been properly drained. However, my motive in putting tape on the tap was that, too often, I forgot to close it when I reached the next site..

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by FOA Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:42 pm

Hmm. We discovered last year that some Caravan and Camping Club sites do not even have grey waste water disposal facilities for motorhomes! Joined Caravan Club this year to see if they are more motorhome friendly. When wild parking we empty our grey water tank on our 2008 Devon every day in a suitable but descrete location to avoid build up and smell.
FOA

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Devon
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Just spent a night on a lovely cl just outside of Gloucester, when the farmer/owner came for his tenner he said, don't worry about emptying your waste water tank, just let it flow onto the floor.
I thought he was being funny at first but, he meant it, he said as a fellow motor caravanner, I don't know what all the fuss is about.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:28 pm

breakaleg wrote:Just spent a night on a lovely cl just outside of Gloucester, when the farmer/owner came for his tenner he said, don't worry about emptying your waste water tank, just let it flow onto the floor.
I thought he was being funny at first but, he meant it, he said as a fellow motor caravanner, I don't know what all the fuss is about.
Pete

Hi Pete

I wouldn't do that on a pitch where someone else was likely to follow. I presume he didn't mean it quite like that, as it would be a bit antisocial to say the least!!

Otherwise I can see no problem at all with letting it run out somewhere away from the pitches, or where kids might be likely to play.

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2