The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original fitment Tyres for 2001 Pollensa

5 posters

Go down

Original fitment Tyres for 2001 Pollensa Empty Original fitment Tyres for 2001 Pollensa

Post by alanf Mon 22 Feb 2016 - 16:59

Does anyone happen to know what the original fitment tyres were for a 2001 Pollensa on a transit chassis?
Also, would you happen to know what the ratings are?
I know they are 215 75 r16 but I'm unsure as to the speed and load ratings and if they are 'camper' specific tyres?
I don't have access to the van as it's currently in storage - along with the owners manual and a trawl of Google has not come up trumps.

Thanks in advance
Alan
alanf
alanf

Male

Member Age : 49
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Original fitment Tyres for 2001 Pollensa Empty Re: Original fitment Tyres for 2001 Pollensa

Post by CC Tue 23 Feb 2016 - 8:33

Don't know what tyres would have been fitted originally, others will probabably know for sure, but you won't go far wrong with a set of Hankook tyres which are standard fitment by Ford.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Original fitment Tyres for 2001 Pollensa Empty Re: Original fitment Tyres for 2001 Pollensa

Post by alanf Tue 23 Feb 2016 - 8:59

Thanks for the reply.
Does anyone know if there are tech sheets on-line that might give this information?
Build specs or something similar?
alanf
alanf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue 23 Feb 2016 - 9:28

The 16" tyres that were on our Mk7 Transit, from new were Hankook RA8s, when I came to replace I fitted Hankook RA18s which were more widely available and a higher load rating than the RA8s.

The Hankook tyres wore ok and were not noisy and I would not hesitate in fitting another time

I tend to run at the pillar pressures and have Airides fitted to the rear and it gives a good ride. Last time I weighed the van it was 3475kg.   The Windsor replaced the Pollensa so is roughly the same size
Hope this is of help
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by alanf Tue 23 Feb 2016 - 10:11

Thanks Roger, I'll take a look at the Hankooks. 

Looking at the picture i took of the tyre wall it seems the tyres are RA08s that are currently on.
I take it these are a van tyre rather than a specific camper tyre and the RA18s are the evolution of these?
alanf
alanf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue 23 Feb 2016 - 11:39

If your van is sitting for long periods of time you might want to consider Continental Vanco camper tyres, they have a thicker tyre wall and ideal for long periods parked up during winter.
I have Hankooks on the front and Vanco on the rear.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed 24 Feb 2016 - 1:03

No they are not specific to motorhomes like the Michelin ones,   but they will be more than adequate for your van.  
With Conti' Vancos, we had them on the Executive whilst I got good life from them I did find them more noisier than the Hankooks but there again that could be down to the vehicle design cos the Tranny is a lot quieter runner than the Sevils
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by alanf Wed 24 Feb 2016 - 8:18

Thanks Roger, really useful information.
alanf
alanf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Wed 24 Feb 2016 - 9:34

think_smiley_46  The issue of tyres is interesting. I have planned to replace the tyres on our Rienza this spring, not a lack of tread but there are cracks between the treads. I still have some contacts in the tire trade. The   Hankook dealer reckons I don't need motorhome tyres. The dealer that sells Continentals or Michelins says they are a must due to the standing time of motorhomes. To my way of thinking we do use the van fairly regularly including winter so I could save a lot if I buy four Hankooks twiddle_thumbs .

If you want to prove tire noise the A180 is horrific. You cant hold a normal conversation above 60mph in the van or managements Polo. The sat nav wouldn't stay on the screen in our Discovery. frustrating
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by alanf Sun 6 Mar 2016 - 7:05

I found out from Autosleepers that the original fitment tyres were Hankooks on the van (113/111 load rating) so having spoken to national tyres i've had some Nexen tyres fitted with a load rating of 116/114. First impressions are that they seem much grippier than the tyres that came off, buy that could be because they were old and gone a bit hard, however, that was only a short journey. More details as I get more miles in.
alanf
alanf

Male

Back to top Go down