The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back for another winge!

+3
Jaytee
burlingtonboaby
CC
7 posters

Go down

Back for another winge! Empty Back for another winge!

Post by CC Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:12 pm

Was cleaning the motorhome earlier after our weekend trip only to find more issues... 
Don't want to bore you all (sorry if so) but this really is getting rather tiresome now 
Looks like another trip back to Auto-Sleepers tap_fingers

Video https://youtu.be/FFOYiJo_THo

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Back for another winge! Empty Re: Back for another winge!

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:19 pm

Cruising Comet wrote:Was cleaning the motorhome earlier after our weekend trip only to find more issues... 
Don't want to bore you all (sorry if so) but this really is getting rather tiresome now 
Looks like another trip back to Auto-Sleepers tap_fingers

Video https://youtu.be/FFOYiJo_THo
Good bar meals in the New inn CC , take care 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:46 pm

Really sorry to hear of further woes. As you, I won't  go to Marquis unless absolutely no other option. The work on the fridge is very unlike AS so hope they are not dropping standards due to overwork. I suppose the droves now going to them rather than marquis is increasing their workload considerably.
I do wonder what is happening with the industry and I don't know if it is generic but there seem to be more and more of these problems with all makes being documented. I am still very pro Autosleeper though.
 We bought two new caravans in our time (the last in 2006) one Avondale and one Bailey and we had virtually no issues with either. Times they are a changing shrugg.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:56 pm

The fixings for the Brabantia looks like one bracket is correct. http://www.brabantia.com/uk/fixing-set-for-pull-out-clothes-lines-white-chrome/

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:29 pm

There was I thinking today what great service I get at Marquis Plymouth, sourced a very hard to find part for me today at half what I might have paid and posted first class.

Sorry about your problems, hope you get them sorted soon clearly all Marquis dealers are not the same!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:41 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:The fixings for the Brabantia looks like one bracket is correct. http://www.brabantia.com/uk/fixing-set-for-pull-out-clothes-lines-white-chrome/

Thanks I was going to look at Brabantia when I had a moment, your link helped me achieve it sooner up! 
I can see now how it's fixed with this diagram I found on their site, it does look as if it is just held in place with the one fixing bracket and the screw so it seems it was fitted properly, albeit loose, will pop out and fix it back straight away! 
Hopefully a Good result up! CC

Back for another winge! 2642xad

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:53 pm

groundhog wrote:There was I thinking today what great service I get at Marquis Plymouth, sourced a very hard to find part for me today at half what I might have paid and posted first class.

Sorry about your problems, hope you get them sorted soon clearly all Marquis dealers are not the same!

I guess it's all down to the fitter and what pressures they are under on the day. as Ipswich marquis is the nearest branch to us I'm tempted to try them, definitely wouldn't return to Northants for all the tea in China.

Always been happy to use the AS service centre but it's a two day affair, plus the cost of fuel and inconvenience, and I'm now somewhat put off after my last experience. Might be coincidental but with the attitude of the fitter lets just say I wasn't surprised to find a missing flannel in our toilet cassette when next emptied, coincidence? maybe!

I wish I knew an independent locally who came by personal recommendation and is actually a caring tradesman seems a lot to ask for from my experience in this industry.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:25 pm

Cruising Comet wrote:
PLOUGHLIN wrote:The fixings for the Brabantia looks like one bracket is correct. http://www.brabantia.com/uk/fixing-set-for-pull-out-clothes-lines-white-chrome/

Thanks I was going to look at Brabantia when I had a moment, your link helped me achieve it sooner up! 
I can see now how it's fixed with this diagram I found on their site, it does look as if it is just held in place with the one fixing bracket and the screw so it seems it was fitted properly, albeit loose, will pop out and fix it back straight away! 
Hopefully a Good result up! CC

Put some sealant/adhesive on the screw thread. It will come out when you want but not otherwise.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:41 pm

groundhog wrote:There was I thinking today what great service I get at Marquis Plymouth, sourced a very hard to find part for me today at half what I might have paid and posted first class.

Agree, we have always had great service sales wise it has just been the 'work' side of it that has been bodged.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:18 pm

Cruising Comet, we totally understand what you are going through. It is heart breaking when you have spent so much hard earned money on your dream vehicle. We bought our Broadway new in 2014, and what a story we could tell. However we do have nothing but praise for Mark and the service centre at AS, most of our niggles have been sorted under warranty - hopefully! What we do have concerns with, are the quality control issues regarding the new vans coming out of their factory. 

Hope you manage to get those issues sorted to your satisfaction soon, before the holiday season kicks in.

Best wishes

Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down