The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-Sleepers Warranty

+5
Paramedic
TravelKat
Hubert
mikethebike
Paulmold
9 posters

Go down

Auto-Sleepers Warranty Empty Auto-Sleepers Warranty

Post by Paulmold Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:27 pm

Don't recall any mention of the change in warranty period from 1st October. Conversions now come with 3 year warranty plus a further 3 year water ingress warranty. I remember a thread asking why Auto-Sleepers were behind other converters in not offering warranties of this length. Well they seem to have caught up.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleepers Warranty Empty Re: Auto-Sleepers Warranty

Post by mikethebike Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Looks good. The devil may be in the fine print.

Regards

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:20 am

Welcome improvement to the warranty length.
Reading the terms of the new warranty, a visit back to the dealers after 600miles is now part of the obligatory terms. Call me cynical (plenty do) but is this just a new way of passing on the PDI to the new owner to find faults. The less I have to visit the dealer the better, especially as they are not around each corner.
When nearly all car manufacturers have done away with these first service inspections it seems a backward step to insist on this.

Merry Christmas

Hubert
Hubert
Hubert
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelKat Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Hubert wrote:Reading the terms of the new warranty, a visit back to the dealers after 600miles is now part of the obligatory terms. Call me cynical (plenty do) but is this just a new way of passing on the PDI to the new owner to find faults. The less I have to visit the dealer the better, especially as they are not around each corner.
This condition has been removed now.  We queried this with AS as it mentioned it in our warranty booklet, but the dealer told us it was optional.  Incidentally, it was after 30 days or 2000 miles, whichever came earlier.  Apparently AS introduced it in response to the new Consumer Rights Act 2015, which also came into force on 1.10.2015, under which you have 30 days to return a faulty item, hence the 30 days clause.   But it appears that it has led to headaches all round for dealers, customers and also the admin of it, and so it's been scrapped we've been told.
TravelKat

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi . As i understand the new law you can have your money back if  goods are faulty in 30 days.
Could be very useful with car dealers as well. hugegrins

Regards

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelKat Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:12 pm

Yes, that's it.  Presumably AS decided at the time to include a compulsory first checkup within 30 days because of that.  Now that is no longer required, but obviously, if there are problems, you would take it up with the dealer ASAP anyway.
TravelKat

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:15 am

TravelKat wrote:This condition has been removed now.  We queried this with AS as it mentioned it in our warranty booklet, but the dealer told us it was optional.  Incidentally, it was after 30 days or 2000 miles, whichever came earlier.  Apparently AS introduced it in response to the new Consumer Rights Act 2015, which also came into force on 1.10.2015, under which you have 30 days to return a faulty item, hence the 30 days clause.   But it appears that it has led to headaches all round for dealers, customers and also the admin of it, and so it's been scrapped we've been told.

Thank goodness for common sense !
If you found no problems within the first 30 days what exactly would the dealer do after such a short period ?
Obviously if you had a problem you would normally notify the dealer straight away.

Hubert
Hubert
Hubert
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:40 am

The important difference is if you had a problem before the law changed the dealer would only have a go at fixing it.Sometimes this took a long time and many visits.
Now if you buy a lemon you have 30 days to check it thoroughly and get your money back.
I still think the dealer will want to fix it rather than give your money back.
This may result in better pre delivery checks instead of leaving it to the customer to do final inspection.IMHO
Lets see how it works in practise.

Regards

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:08 am

Just exchanged our 2009 Broadway EK for 2013 Broadway FB. Dealer rightly given one year warranty also mentioned AS warranty remaining 9 months. Discover in the warranty info that subsequent owners within the three year period have to pay £100 + vat in order to continue the warranty. This appears to be outright money grabbing for what is only an exchange in owner details. This practise has been highly criticized by consumer watchdog in banking and other customer services. So we won't be nipping into the AS service centre as my wife and I tour through Worcestershire in the near future. However, I could be mistaken if the situation has changed since printing of the handbook. There, I've had my moan.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:30 pm

I presume you're talking about the Marquis warranty as you've bought a 2013 Broadway? & not the factory Auto-Sleeper warranty from New (unless I'm mistaken?) The Marquis 3yr gold warranty sounds great but in reality it seems you're covered for very little in the 2nd & 3rd years.

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:05 pm

I concur with you there CC, 3 weeks into the 2nd year warranty period, our breakdown claim was kicked into touch, we appealed and it was still rejected because we hadn't returned to Marquis Northants for hab checks instead  we used our local NCC approved dealership . The repair price was still cheaper than running down to Northants and being charged X amount for hab check and Marquis stamp.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:23 pm

Yes thats all part of the warranty agreement Boaby that you have to have servicing & habitation checks done through a Marquis branch otherwise you invalidate the warranty. 

When we took the Broadway to Auto-Sleepers service centre we had to clarify with Mark Burdett if having the servicing & hab check done at the factory rather than via Marquis if it would invalidate it, not 100% convincing response but was informed it wouldn't. Strange how they act independently of one another considering both head offices are located at the same premises at Willersey.

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:25 pm

Cruising Comet wrote:Yes thats all part of the warranty agreement Boaby that you have to have servicing & habitation checks done through a Marquis branch otherwise you invalidate the warranty. 

When we took the Broadway to Auto-Sleepers service centre we had to clarify with Mark Burdett if having the servicing & hab check done at the factory rather than via Marquis if it would invalidate it, not 100% convincing response but was informed it wouldn't. Strange how they act independently of one another considering both head offices are located at the same premises at Willersey.

CC
When we returned to Marquis Northants some months later to replace a broken passenger wing mirror that should have been replaced before we collected it.
I inquired at the service reception desk regarding servicing and hab checks and was advised as long as the work was done at a NCC approved workshop and stamped it would not invalidate the warranty.
I also phoned AutoMarq to get the same answer, its a pity I didn't get confirmation in writing at the time.
I seem to remember I didn't get a hab check certificate when I purchased the Nuevo and had to insist they stamped the service book.
Boaby. Needless to say we won't purchase from Marquis again as I don't want a Automarq warranty.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:05 am

Hi Cruising Comet, apologies for my belated reply but confirm remaining eight month warranty refers to A/S terms and conditions as described in hand book info. That transfer of ownership within overall three year warranty will incur payment of £100 + vat. However, this is purely extradentual given that dealer has provided a year's warranty. To my mind, this extra payment is simply a ripoff demonstrating lack of goodwill to people buying their product. Reasons for buying an Auto Sleeper such as build quality can be slightly marred when such a condition is absolute. Sorry again if I'm just ranting on. Regards

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunbeampizza Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:46 pm

Purchased a two year old Broadway from Marquis in 2014 which came with a three year warranty but reading it thoroughly it only gives unlimited cover for the first year then £1000 for the second year and only £500 for the third, which was certainly not explained to me at the time. A new habitaion door in the first year was covered, but a new water heater plus a few smaller items only just came within the second year limit. This van has by no means been fault free and I am keeping my fingers crossed that nothing major occures in the third year. So this " three year " warranty is a bit misleading.
Sunbeampizza
Sunbeampizza

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:05 pm

You are lucky to have anything covered by the warranty. Most insurance backed warrantees get out of claims by the small print excluding 'wear and tear.' The Marquis warranty does at least seem to cover many faults in the first year, after that luck plays a big part.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by portman_blue Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:37 pm

Have given up on trying to get warranty work done by Marquis Suffolk and I now deal direct with AS @ Willersey. 
Pity that AS don't sell direct so that Marquis could be cut out of the whole purchase process  snigger

portman_blue

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

Back to top Go down