The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opened bonnet activates indicators?

3 posters

Go down

Opened bonnet activates indicators? Empty Opened bonnet activates indicators?

Post by Cymro Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:46 am

Now here's a strange one. I'm think that it didn't used to do this - but it's been a while since I last opened the bonnet on this new Nuevo so I can't be certain.

No alarm system activated; I'd entered the van by the hab door. From the inside, I then opened cab passenger door to reach the bonnet release lever (which on the 2015 edition Pugeot is on the return end of the dashboard, and is thus concealed when the door is closed.) Pulled down the lever, so bonnet was released. Immediately, the 6 indicator bulbs (2 front and rear, and 2 in wing mirrors) were illuminated and stayed on constantly (not flashing). Lifted bonnet - lights stayed on. Dropped bonnet - lights went out.

Couldn't find anything in the (non-indexed) handbook.

Does anyone please have an explanation?
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Opened bonnet activates indicators? Empty Re: Opened bonnet activates indicators?

Post by gemdeco Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi
   I would check out correct working of the alarm system
 regards
     Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Opened bonnet activates indicators? Empty Re: Opened bonnet activates indicators?

Post by Peter Brown Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:53 pm

Does it do the same every time you go through that sequence of events?

There is a switch that operates when the bonnet opens that will have instigated the light operation and switched them off when bonnet was closed. The switch is part of the standard alarm circuitry and maybe what you saw was meant to be an indication that the bonnet wasn't closed before the alarm was set?

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Peter Brown wrote:Does it do the same every time you go through that sequence of events?

There is a switch that operates when the bonnet opens that will have instigated the light operation and switched them off when bonnet was closed.  The switch is part of the standard alarm circuitry and maybe what you saw was meant to be an indication that the bonnet wasn't closed before the alarm was set?

Thanks Peter. I've just been to repeat the sequence as described - with the same result. Before doing so, I checked that the bonnet was indeed securely closed after the original incident.

One for the first-year's hab service I expect - unless Forum members say that what I've described is normal. I certainly don't recall the indicator lights being constantly illuminated; indeed, I don't think I've ever before seen that on any vehicle. So I guess it's a fault.
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:26 pm

Well, I took the Nuevo to my local Peugeot main dealers today.

As Alan (gemdeco) suggested, it's all caused by the AS dealer-fitted alarm system. So it's back to them.

However, Peugeot picked up something which I'd not noticed (because I've not driven it in the dark since new!): two lights on the instrument cluster [battery and oil] are constantly - if very faintly - illuminated. It's a fault with the cluster, which will be replaced under guarantee.

If you've a 2015 Peugeot it might be worth inspecting - now they've been pointed out to me, I can see them.
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down