The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hab check & some warranty work Winchcombe

+3
inspiredron
daisy mae
caznandy
7 posters

Go down

Hab check & some warranty work Winchcombe Empty Hab check & some warranty work Winchcombe

Post by caznandy Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:18 pm

Hab check & some warranty work AutoSleeper Winchcombe

I have just had my first hab check done by Choose Leisure in Canterbury Kent 
That had it for 2 days to do th hab check and some warranty work 
The warranty work was resealing around the fridge/freezer as we had a lot of drafts 
And a few small things 
The price was I think expensive for a hab check £229
I asked them to check the overcab window as read on here that were the window was screw to the frame the screws are to long and cracked the gel coating so posable water leak 
They told me it was ok no problems I asked him 3 times are you 100% it's ok he Sead yes 
I was going to check it when I picked it up but it was raining hard and windy 
So I checked it my self when I got home Guess what 
It's not ok I have got a hole in the gel coating censored!
Also they had forgot to put my water tank cap back on (his posted it back to me )
So now I have got to take it all the way Back so they can sort it out nice round trip of 60 miles of which could have be avoided 
So lesson learnt no matter what the weather is like always check everything before you leave them sensored1
caznandy
caznandy

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe

Back to top Go down

Hab check & some warranty work Winchcombe Empty Re: Hab check & some warranty work Winchcombe

Post by daisy mae Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:49 pm

Certainly was excessive, would have thought a better job and more care taken, firms like that don`t deserve repeat business in my book.

I paid £120 and the service engineers came to the house , they also did the caravan and charged £110, that is still under warranty so they are fully qualified, he is coming back to put in the crash tested gas system for me.They were very thorough.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Hab check & some warranty work Winchcombe Empty Re: Hab check & some warranty work Winchcombe

Post by inspiredron Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:43 pm

I reckon it is worth the trip to Willersey to get the rooflight sorted out. Don't like the sound of your local man!

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:44 pm

Some main dealers of motorhomes do charge silly prices and you are held to ransom over the warranty being upheld but plenty of other dealers and mobile engineers are a lot cheaper and will not invalidate your warranty. One AS main dealer up our way charges £99 +VAT.but another local dealer (a Bailey dealer) charges £225. Worth shopping around next time.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:32 pm

Yes, we had our roof problem sorted out by Mark and his team at Willersey. They did a great job.

Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by caznandy Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:43 pm

We only went to them as it was it first hab check 
I will be shopping around next year 
Don't mind paying the money for the service if you get it 
But when you ask 3 times about a problem and they tell you it's ok 
And it's not then you know it's not a good service
Would be nice to take it back to A/s but it's a long way to go and I don't have the time
caznandy
caznandy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:56 am

We bought our van from Choose Leisure too, it's been back to them twice for warranty work ( sealing round the fridge and cleaning waste tank sensors) The draught still came in from around the microwave because there are two large vents to the outside. I sealed around the microwave with black foam. Bingo!
It also had to go to Willersley for a repair, AS picked it up and delivered it back and picked up the bill for its first Hab check too, so I was happy about that. I've checked our roof vent a few times and not noticed any crews sticking through the gel, yet!
I've always been happy with Choose leisure though, it's going back to them shortly for a couple more repairs, the fridge door cracked on the edges which will be a warranty repair, and the Truma combo boiler doesn't work on mains power, Truma are contributing to the repair as it was just outside the 2 year warranty when it went wrong.

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by stoneb Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:06 pm

I believe A/S charge about £200 for a Hab Check. I also believe it is done properly too, and I will be given a damp check certificate. 

A/S did Winnie's first Hab Check in April this year (plus some warranty repairs). It was all done very thoroughly!

I have already set up next year's Hab Check (within Winnie's 2nd year warranty period) for early May 2016. They'll repair the overcab roof window "screws through the gelcoat" problem at the same time. It'll be another 275 miles round trip for me, and take 2 to 3 days too, but I believe it'll be worth it.

Regards from Barry and Pepi.

PS From next week we're going on a bit of a drive. Talk to you again next April!
stoneb
stoneb

Male

Member Age : 74
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:48 pm

There is a good B&B within walking distance of A/S that we used for a 2 day job there. Send me a pm and I will look it up.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by caznandy Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:31 am

Thanks inspiredron but have not got 2 day to spare to go to A/S 
May have to wait till next year 
Will let you know if I need it
caznandy
caznandy

Male

Back to top Go down