The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

external or water pump

4 posters

Go down

external or water pump Empty external or water pump

Post by Junige36 Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:06 am

on our neuvo when filling up with fresh water with the whale direct from a tap ...... we have a choice of selecting either water fill pump (only comes on for a minute as per the manual) or the external pump.  The manual is not clear and  it says don`t switch pump on if no water in system ...... so presumably we use water fill pump and when that goes off we select external.  Any ideas.
Junige36
Junige36

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : neuvo

Back to top Go down

external or water pump Empty Re: external or water pump

Post by inspiredron Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:16 am

You don't say the vintage of your Nuevo or the type of control panel. If you have an EC328 or EC325 then you don't have to select any water pump setting to fill from the tap - simply switch on the panel as you would to get the internal lights to work.
For water pump you gave a choice of 3 settings, Internal, External or Both.  I leave mine set to Both and then, when I want to fill using the external pump it starts running as soon as I plug the Whale box onto the side of the van. Then, when the can is empty I leave the pump in the can and unplug the pump taking both to the tap for the refill. As soon as I replug the fitting to the sid eof the van it starts pumping again.  Offhand, I cannot remember if I have to have the pump switch on the EC328 switched on or not.  Whether filing from a tap or using the extra pump and a can or bucket the EC328 MUST be switched on - otherwise the solenoid valve will not open and no water will get into the tank.  I guess that the EC500 display control panel fitted to more modern vans works in the same way - but the manual will tell you.
There are lots of posts on the subject of the Whale filler which is like Marmite - folks either like it or hate it. Just search for "Whale filler" to read the comments. shrugg

Hey - that's my 1000th post - do I get a prize? up!

Last edited by inspiredron on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Noticed post number)

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:22 am

inspiredron wrote:Hey - that's my 1000th post - do I get a prize? up!
Nah, missed it, 1002 now......
ajrm
ajrm

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:53 am

Junige36 wrote:on our neuvo when filling up with fresh water with the whale direct from a tap ...... we have a choice of selecting either water fill pump (only comes on for a minute as per the manual) or the external pump.  The manual is not clear and  it says don`t switch pump on if no water in system ...... so presumably we use water fill pump and when that goes off we select external.  Any ideas.

There are two pumps.

The internal pump is located in the fresh water tank and pumps water from there to the taps; if you switch that on with no water in the tank you will burn it out as it will rum continuously with no cooling.

The external pump is on the pipe you plug into the water filler socket. If you leave the control panel selected to both (as Ron suggests) the that pump will operate as soon as you plug it in to the van and will stop when the tank is full.

You don't need either pump to fill from a tap but you do have to have the power switched on in the van so the inlet flow solenoid can operate.

PS because you mention Whale I'm assuming you have newish Nuevo

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down