The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra internal water tanks

3 posters

Go down

Extra internal water tanks Empty Extra internal water tanks

Post by murph Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Winter is coming and for those hardy souls who use thier vans all year round but dont read MMM regularly here is my idea to save having no water because the tank or pick up pipe have frozen. you need 2 x 20 litre plastic water carriers, available on the internet for about £5 each 2 pushfit type taps to fit your plumbing and 3 pushfit T junctions and some short lengths of 12mm semi flexible pipe. I have also fitted flexible pipe fittings (the clear pipes in the photos)to enable me to connect a hose up for filling, but for simplicity you could remove them to fill the. My filling conection goes through a carfully sealed hole into the gas locker.

Method. Cut the pick up pipe from the tank inside the van with a stanley type knife or better still buy a proper pipe cutter, ( do not use a hacksaw as the burr that this leaves will prevent the pushfit conectors from sealing, fit 1 tap here and connect to the pump via a T junction use suitable lengths of pipe and T junctions to connect in the bags. The connections to the bags themselves, a tight push fit over bag taps, need a considerable amount of heat to soften the pipe, and fit them over the bag taps, I used a hot air gun but be very careful with one of these, as they produce a viscous amount of heat, and you will melt the pipe or the tap if you are not very careful. I now use a peice of sheet plastic turned well up at the sides underneath them in case of leaks.
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Extra internal water tanks Empty Re: Extra internal water tanks

Post by whisky Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi Murph.

With a little bit of sheet leadwork & a little bit of pipe soldering and this project. I would almost give you an NVQ2 in plumbing.

Super project. Thats one for my file.

Thanks. Whisky.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
whisky
whisky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Extra internal water tanks Empty water tanks

Post by murph Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi Whisky
As you probably know, using pushfit joints is so easy, a lot easier than learning to put photos on the forum, but having written down the method with the aid of Murph jnr age 46, I now have the the method off pat I hope. I have 1 or 2 other Mods to put on yet but they are for later.
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Extra internal water tanks Empty Re: Extra internal water tanks

Post by rocket launcher Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:03 pm

excellant idea well done
rocket launcher
rocket launcher

Male