The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Filling Water Tank

+8
Wingnut
murph
deckie
roli
burfy1
Cymro
whisky
CC
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nuevo Filling Water Tank - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuevo Filling Water Tank

Post by breakaleg Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi CC,
We have a Lancashire 06 vintage, I always travel with a full water tank, no noticeable mpg loss, we have a 20 foot blue hose and a 6 foot pipe, most times, i fill with the 6 foot pipe, only twice on a cl in 30 years have I been unable to fill the tank, I have an assortment of tap couplings, but the best tenner I ever spent was on a cap, which replaces the water cap, and the one end of the pipe attaches to the cap, means hands free at that end and If the couplers work on the tap, hands free at that end as well, ideal when you need two walking sticks to get around,sometimes, I have to couple the two pipes together, a push connector from a good old fashioned hardware shop joins the two pipes and pulls off when finished cost around 50p.

Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Filling Water Tank - Page 2 Empty water tank filling

Post by murph Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi Breakleg,
Looks like you have similar equiptment to me, except that I have an ordinary curly type garden hose, + some shorter straight lengths. I have never in 10 years used blue hose But would be very interested to hear what is so special about it that makes it about 3 times the price, is it just because it is for leisure use. Items sold for leisure use, always seem to be much dearer than similar items intended for ordinary domestic use.
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:03 am

Hi Murph,
I am no expert, but the blue hose is supposed to be drinking water quality and does not leach harmfull toxins, of course all hoses may be made to this standard, although it may be dearer, it is not a significant cost as it lasts for years, and the colour matches the van hugegrins
pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:47 am

Pete is correct, the blue hose is classed as Food Grade, however if a hose and end fitting has only ever been used for fresh water cant see as it should do much harm if flushed through prior to use, will stand correction on that though
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2