The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marquis, Northants. Broadway Fridge Repair

+10
Paulmold
roli
artheytrate
inspiredron
safariboy
ajrm
Cymro
Maasai Warrior
Gadabout
CC
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Marquis, Northants. Broadway Fridge Repair - Page 2 Empty Re: Marquis, Northants. Broadway Fridge Repair

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:15 am

My door seal has a similar gap at the bottom.

The hinge cover is fixed by a tab at the side away from the door edge, and two small Torx screws on the door edge, open door fully to access. Remove screws, push flange and slide cover off the tab. I have a broken one on my door but have not found a replacement yet. If you find one, let us know where. The covers need to be removed to access the large Torx screws that hold the door onto the hinges, not a very secure arrangement, as you could smash the cover off, remove screws and lift the door out from the outside..

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Marquis, Northants. Broadway Fridge Repair - Page 2 Empty Re: Marquis, Northants. Broadway Fridge Repair

Post by CC Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:23 am

PLOUGHLIN wrote:My door seal has a similar gap at the bottom.

The hinge cover is fixed by a tab at the side away from the door edge, and two small Torx screws on the door edge, open door fully to access. Remove screws, push flange and slide cover off the tab. I have a broken one on my door but have not found a replacement yet. If you find one, let us know where. The covers need to be removed to access the large Torx screws that hold the door onto the hinges, not a very secure arrangement, as you could smash the cover off, remove screws and lift the door out from the outside..

Hi Ploughlin... Do you get water thru the seal gap or do you think as mentioned earlier the step vents are the cause?

Yes, I had a look at the hinge covers and they look easy enough to replace, still suspect the corners broken off due to adjustments they've made as I cant imagine how else it would have been caused. Hopefully (although, I'm far from confident) Marquis will get me a replacement shrugg

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:32 am

Paulmold wrote:Autosleepers  directors Geoffrey Scott and Michael Crouch are also the two senior directors of Marquis. According to the FSA , complaints should be addressed to Michael Crouch. I would send an email with the link to the video to Michael Crouch, his details are shown here....

https://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmContact.do;jsessionid=67ed7e01a0144ed598659065f2bffea5.s6fNml1Ka38InBbv-ArJrwTPoNCNa30Ocybtah0IaNuIahiIbh0IaNfwmxiInxiObk9ynhvybMSHc30Ka2aToi5hch0Na2TSn7bvq70KawTAqQ4InQXQ-BjF8NaRbheOcgbMnkrDqRfzqwbMnkrDqRfzqwbynknvrkLOlQzNp65In0__?sid=126579

Thanks for that Paul, will give them a chance to respond but having complained previously didn't get the impression they actually cared that much, getting tired of the 'Overall Quality' of both Marquis & Auto-Sleepers which I'm really saddened to admit, like I said earlier this whole experience has really tainted my view of Auto-Sleepers & I'm not sure thats likely to change in the future... I hate to think how people buying brand new 60k vehicles feel when they encounter this diabolical amateur after sales response to issues confused0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:02 pm

I don't get any water through the gap, nor through the step vents (yet). The front vent is fairly well protected by the skirt locker, the aft vent by the step moulding, so water shouldn't get thrown up onto them.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi CC I have a similar gap in the door seal in the middle of the step but I have not had any water enter when travelling although when windy quite a draught blows in through the gap. 
Sorry to hear about all the problems you are having with Marquis glad we never bought from them.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:55 pm

On our Broadway I have removed the air vent in the stairwell that sits behind the rear wheel and I've gaffa taped over the rear of it. Then I replaced it so no road water will be splashed back and through the vent.
John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:37 am

ALL coachbuilts have the gap in the seal at the bottom of the door. It is to prevent a build up of LPG in the footwell if there is a leak inside the van (LPG heavier than air).

I've never known water ingress through the seal but the vents on the side of the footwell can all allow water in if behind a wheel when it is raining. If that occurs then a baffle is required to stop the problem.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:20 am

Hi Peter... Yes it looks like the vents either side of the step could be the source of the water entering, why the rubber baffles are not fitted as standard in this case I have no idea? In fairness our Nuevo didn't suffer in this way but I put that down to the location of the habitation door at the front on the Broadway.

It's situations like this that I despair... A service dept such as Marquis should be aware of these kind of issues and someone should recall from memory "Ah I know where the water is coming in thru the step vents" or at least anyone with any real experience would! 

Due to the unnecessary adjustments made to the door I now have a hab door that will refuse to unlock or lock without pushing hard against the door first! It took at least 6 attempts to get into the vehicle yesterday evening happyno

I'm cataloging a list of every single issue starting from day 1 and taking it up with the directors of Auto Sleeper as suggested by Paulmold as I'm just utterly disgusted, having a vehicle that has now received numerous damage at the hands of Marquis employes & a van that was pristine upon purchase now has more problems than ever due to their complete incompetence!

Will keep you all updated as to any kind of response, if any... I get now the weekend has passed & them being aware of my complete dissatisfaction. 

Shocking outfit, be warned!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:02 pm

Just a further update regarding our experience of Marquis Northants... 

Well, after considerable communications noting our dissatisfaction at the customer experience & the level of competency, the service manager at the Northants branch denied his staff had caused any damage to the vehicle, and would not admit his staff were totally incompetent - We initially received an email with the list of the issues I had highlighted, with them responding by putting 'No Further Action to be taken' so basically they didn't want to accept liability for pretty much anything.

We were later offered to have the vehicle collected from home, refuelled to make up for some of the previous visits, and the work correcting that needed correcting.  Which I declined ** ALL WE WANTED: Was some recognition of their failings & an apology ** But I guess this is too much to ask for! 

We refused under any circumstances to return to the Northants branch & insisted the motorhome go to the Auto-Sleeper Service Centre at Willersey. After Mark Burdett contacting us & arranging to take the van into AS.. What a totally different experience! We took the Broadway into them last Monday & by lunchtime they had gone through the niggles, corrected them and had even completed a service on the engine & a full habitation check which we thought they wouldn't even be able to do till the following day.

We do still need to return to Willersey to get the fridge sorted, as the fridge needs to be removed and new parts fitted in order for it to open in the opposite direction. 

We have found the Marquis warranty & dealings with Marquis pretty good in all honesty. Overall I think they are a good company and the warranty is good, Its just failed for us sadly by the disapointing experience at the Northants branch. While touring the Highlands NC500 Route in Scotland we had the DPF light come on, and after fault code readings Peugeot Inverness had to replace the EGR valve at a cost of around £600!! most of which is covered under the Automarq warranty. **But only up to £55 an hour & does not include any charge for diagnostics ** The Peugeot dealership charged £80 an hour censored! What world do these businesses live in? At least we were covered for most of this expense anyway Phew!

Anyway.... We no longer get a wet step (so far - touch wood) AS fitted a baffle to the exterior forward facing vent (Marquis stated no such part was available uncertain ) Bottom door hinge cover (That Marquis damaged) can not be replaced as parts no longer available unless anyone can help?  Also we have a habitation door that shuts & locks via the central locking once again. While in Scotland I had to lock the cab doors using the key & then manually lock the hab door as I had no other choice! 

Just wished we had taken the Broadway to the service centre in the first place and saved ourselves a lot of heartache & expense, you live and learn fedup

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi CC
Sorry to read about you're bad service at the Northants branch, A/S Willersey have always been on the ball with our repairs.
We have just replaced our EGR valve on our Sigma , number three,Symbol,Nuevo, etc,  thought the problem had been ironed out by 2010 vans  guess not.
Hope you enjoyed Scotland and the weather and midges where kind to you.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:10 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:Hi CC
Sorry to read about you're bad service at the Northants branch, A/S Willersey have always been on the ball with our repairs.
We have just replaced our EGR valve on our Sigma , number three,Symbol,Nuevo, etc,  thought the problem had been ironed out by 2010 vans  guess not.
Hope you enjoyed Scotland and the weather and midges where kind to you.
Boaby

Thanks Boaby

Yeah Mark at AS always seems on the ball to me, you can only speak as you find... 
in my opinion he's a real asset to Auto-Sleepers especially after my experience with Marquis Northants! 

EGR valve seems to be a common issue, all these measures to reduce emissions with DPF's, CAT's & EGR valves are fine while working but bloody expensive when they don't Whistle1 Won't be very impressed should it need replacing again especially on such a low mileage vehicle. (previous drivers driving habits could have contributed to it sooting / gunging up)

The North Coast 500 route was great, some stunning scenery & landscapes on the West coast, not so great at the top & down the East side in comparison mind, also did Isle of Arran & Mull of Kintyre, Skye etc.

No probs with the midgies luckily on this trip winks

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:18 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:
I have a broken one on my door but have not found a replacement yet. If you find one, let us know where. 

Hi Ploughlin

I've managed to track down two of the plastic hinge covers for the habitation door, but they are Grey in colour which is not much help to us as our Broadway's ones are white! They are also bloody expensive £40 each + £10 postage confused0quick_run 

Was told they are very hard to get hold of, hence the price (no kidding fedup
it's a shame bearing this in mind that Marquis weren't a little more careful instead of breaking ours! coffee_drink

There has to be loads of these kicking around somewhere! 

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:47 pm

Thanks CC, my cover is not £40+£10 broken just a little loose. I'll buy some blutack. hugegrins I need the off white ones any way.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:56 pm

If its the fixing that's gone, that is common. I glued a couple of wooden blocks to the hinge so I could get the two fixing screws tight.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:37 pm

It is the little plastic lip on the inside of the outer end that clips to (behind) the metal hinge.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2