The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway information

+8
PLOUGHLIN
Heidi
artheytrate
daisy mae
Jaytee
lucasg
Claytaa
toots
12 posters

Go down

Broadway information Empty Broadway information

Post by toots Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:15 pm

Hi all, 
I am new to the Forum and have also never owned an Auto-Sleeper product. Past Motorhome and Caravans have all been Swift, but now I fancy a change.
I like the Broadway Motorhome range and would like some feed back from users as to any problems to look out for and also how good is the Auto-Sleeper product - in general but with regards to water ingress particularly would be helpful.
Also looking at purchasing from either Spinney at Knutsford or Motor-plus-motorhomes at Derby, anyone with experience of either - good or bad.
Finaly, I would like to tow a small car on an A Frame (latest type which meets the regulations in the UK (not going abroad), any views?
Thanks
Anne
toots
toots

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : none
Vehicle Year : none

Back to top Go down

Broadway information Empty Re: Broadway information

Post by Claytaa Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 pm

Bought my last two from Spinney, very helpful and good experience, however not the cheapest. Previously bought on price from Lowdhams in Nottingham, NEVER EVER AGAIN, after sales didn't exist and with these products in my view that's the most important factor. All campers have problems including A/S but we love our Bourton.
Claytaa
Claytaa

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by lucasg Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Bought the Bourton from Spinney... Good service ...got a good deal
lucasg
lucasg

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:34 pm

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your choice. Now we have an AS and looking at other marques (after we bought it) I am really pleased we did and think we have the best allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Auto-sleeper the best, I have had two, no problems whatsoever, extremely well built, my present one I bought from Spinney, would I go back yes.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:56 pm

I've had my Broadway EB 15 months now, we had a few teething troubles but all now fixed at Auto Sleepers. Currently on our second journey down to Benidorm great motorhome. I dealt with AEG motorhomes and never again.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Heidi Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:47 pm

toots wrote:Hi all, 
I am new to the Forum and have also never owned an Auto-Sleeper product. Past Motorhome and Caravans have all been Swift, but now I fancy a change.
I like the Broadway Motorhome range and would like some feed back from users as to any problems to look out for and also how good is the Auto-Sleeper product - in general but with regards to water ingress particularly would be helpful.
Also looking at purchasing from either Spinney at Knutsford or Motor-plus-motorhomes at Derby, anyone with experience of either - good or bad.
Finaly, I would like to tow a small car on an A Frame (latest type which meets the regulations in the UK (not going abroad), any views?
Thanks
Anne
Love my AS Nuevo, new to me this year, but 2005 model. Welcome to the forum. wave
Heidi
Heidi

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:17 pm

A recent thread on A Frames. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A Frame conversion costs about the same as a suitable trailer, without vehicle modifications and possible warrantee compromises.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:37 pm

We love our Broadway EB, but there's no getting away from it, we have had some very irritating teething troubles, some of them basic manufacturing issues. All of these things have been dealt with, but they shouldn't have happened in the first place! As I have said in a previous thread, and others have agreed, AS servicing has been brilliant. We are partially through our four weeks holiday in Europe at the moment and loving the van so far, despite rectifying a drawer catch in the wrong place (flew out on motorway), Sargent control panel crashing and giving us false readings. The replaced engine sensors are holding out, fortunately no problems there - touch wood! Having been caravan/motorhome owners for nearly 30 years, you expect a few niggles from time to time. It helps to be practical as all sorts of things can need sorting. We love the Broadway, plenty of room and easy to relax in. The end bathroom is brilliant. We can wash and dress in it with ease, separated from the rest of the van. We have used the shower and it's great, also ideal for storing light items like outdoor chairs etc. There is plenty of cupboard space and drawers as long as you organise yourselves properly. The length is perfect for us. At one point we were very focussed on getting a motorhome with a fixed bed, but bed making is very easy with the Broadway. Hope this 
helps.

Pete

P.S. We originally ordered our Broadway from the Motorhome Show at the NEC, as we live in the Midlands. This was through Dolphin Motorhomes who are based on the south coast. This originally concerned us, but through Dolphins (Andy Diggle), we were able to get warranty work carried out at AS in the Cotswolds not far from us. We were very pleased with Dolphins.
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:40 pm

We bought a new Broadway FB in June 2013 from Choose Leisure in Canterbury. Got a very good deal on a showroom model with premium pack.
Yes, we have had a few teething troubles, mostly fixed by me but it had to go back to A/S to get a panel straightened. They paid for my first hab check though and fixed a few other bits for free.
To be honest, out van is probably one of the best built that we looked at, and we looked at a lot. Even the top of the range German models felt flimsy inside, the Broadway is good and solid, it drives well and is very comfortable.
We enquired about a tow bar too and were quoted over £1K as it needs to be extended from the end of the chassis. We didn't bother. I don't see the point of towing a car, you might as well just get a car and tow a caravan!
But thats just me.......

Forgot the question about water ingress, clean bill of health at its Hab check, no sign of damp whatsoever.

Last edited by ajrm on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added water ingress info)
ajrm
ajrm

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by tony50 Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:16 pm

toots wrote:Hi all, 
Thanks
Anne

Hi we like the look of AS products had good and bad reports about them, we like Mercedes based vehicles but what a premium they want , as regards to water ingress just had that on a Elddis 3 year old caravan, (not Solid construction) just sold it after 15 faults!! a good purchase we made was a Damp Meter from lidl when they were selling them for a few pounds, same type ie. 2 sharp prongs as caravan / motorhome dealers use the dealer I sold my caravan too for cash checked loads of places and you could not see where he had pricked the surfaces, we would prefer a transverse bed, ( AS don't do one) like the Bailey  730 , but no automatic on a Bailey as Peugeot base vehicle..Good Luck. As said no such Motor Home or caravan that has no faults as at least 10 to 20 years behind Car manufactuers in our experience
tony50
tony50

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:30 pm

Bit late with a response Toots so apologies. We've had 7 motorhomes . The only two with no faults on delivery were Autosleepers. The first a Duetto we bought from Spinney, excellent vehicle prep and a good all round experience. Never had a problem with that Duetto at any time and foolishly part-exed it for a 'foreign van'. Our most recent a couple of months ago was a Broadway EKTBLP bought from Moran's of Ludlow. Absolutely no problems on hand over and a first class small family run business. I would recommend the company without reservation. The van itself has now done just South of 1000 miles and we have had many happy hours in it on sites and off grid completely. We are thrilled with the quality of the build and the thought put into the 'usability' of the van. As an aside the only disaster we've previously bought was 'Italian' from Lowdhams. Least said . Good luck with your purchase and from our personal experience you can't go wrong with an Auto Sleeper.

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down