The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi everyone :-) Cardiff Newbie signing in

+8
roli
m8form8
Ramblers
Shuggiegreen
Cymro
daisy mae
Paulmold
Daaisy
12 posters

Go down

Hi everyone :-)  Cardiff Newbie signing in  Empty Hi everyone :-) Cardiff Newbie signing in

Post by Daaisy Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:59 am

Hi Guys,

i can't quite believe i have finally got my own proper little camper complete with fitted fridge, cooker and oven and ...... Toilet and shower !!!!!

I've been a tent camper for the last 15 or so years, born out of necessity, after trying to find affordable holidays whilst bringing up a family of 4 after their dad moved on to pastures new. I can smile now and say that altho he may have got a new wife, i think i actually got a new life too :-)

I started off cramming everything into an old 1.6 Vauxhall Zafira and heading down to the Gower where i learned the fine art of camping. Ten years ago was lucky to be able to replace my Zafira with an Ex AA T4 which a good friend was selling and she has been my daily drive since then.

I became a member of one of the T4 forums and made friends with more like minded people and discovered the brilliant camaraderie of the VW crowd ( and festival weekends!). After a few years of just using the van to pile everything in ( and occasionally sleep on the floor on an airbed ) one of the guys helped me to fit a couple of very basic units and we worked out how to use the folding seat and a slotted in piece of wood to make a bed. I was in seventh heaven.......it was as close to a camper as i could afford to get and it worked !!!

Most of my kids have now grown up and left home and most of the time its now my partner and i who go camping with my youngest coming along sometimes with a friend. 

Our needs are changing (my partner is recovering from a stroke) and things like being able to stand up properly in a campervan have suddenly become a bit more important. 

I saw the advert for my new van on a T4 site and it sounded exactly what i was looking for......the same short wheel base T4 i am happy driving but all the added luxuries. I didn't even know the Trophy existed !!! Although since doing my homework i realise now that there weren't actually that many made.

So after a rather long trip to Leicester on the last bank holiday to go and view her the decision was made !!!

We enjoyed our first weekend camping just outside Evesham last weekend, and have begun to familiarise ourselves with her little quirky ways !!!

She is currently having a little bit of TLC in a local VW garage and has actually passed her MOT no problem. So big smiles all round :-) They have recommended a bit of welding which has now been done and i am having the cambelt and water pump are changed too as they definitely haven't been done in the last 4 years and have no idea if and when they were done last !!!

So hopefully next week we should be all ship shape and ready to go :-) 

Ramble and life history done.........;-) 

I look forward to making some new friends on the autosleeper-ownersforum and am sure i will be picking a few brains for some helpful advice too !!!

Regards

Claire xx
Daaisy
Daaisy

Female

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1993

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone :-)  Cardiff Newbie signing in  Empty Re: Hi everyone :-) Cardiff Newbie signing in

Post by Paulmold Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:13 am

Welcome from t'other end of Wales   handshake

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone :-)  Cardiff Newbie signing in  Empty Re: Hi everyone :-) Cardiff Newbie signing in

Post by daisy mae Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:44 pm

Hello   Claire and asof_welcome2  from Leicestershire, also a T4 owner and member of the T4 forum, my first van was a Topaz, similar to your Trophy, exciting times ahead, enjoy.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:54 pm

And Creoso / Welcome from a lot nearer your home!

What a nice introduction you've written: you deserve to enjoy your new AutoSleeper. Don't hesitate to ask questions on this Forum - it's really the friendliest, most constructive and helpful Forum. If you follow it regularly, it becomes addictive, and after a while you feel that you know many of the contributing members.

Best wishes,

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:18 pm

Welcome from Bonnie Scotland.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblers Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi Claire and welcome to the forum from a very wet Leicestershire wave

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:26 pm

Enjoy your new Trophy autosleepers are a lot more comfy than camping  hugegrins
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:29 pm

asof_welcome2
from Warrington

roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by judy Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:00 pm

A big welcome from the highlands of Scotland.
judy
judy

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:09 am

Hi and welcome to the forum 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingrider8368 Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi Claire and a warm welcome to you and your partner, from a fairly dull Norfolk.  Shirli and I have done the camping route and have, about 16 months ago, graduated to a T4 based Clubman and its one of the best moves we have ever made.  
Perhaps see you out there sometime. 
KR
Ken

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Talisman
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:07 am

Hello & welcome from S/Yorks. Hi everyone :-)  Cardiff Newbie signing in  3854503862

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down