The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solar Panel

2 posters

Go down

Solar Panel Empty Solar Panel

Post by Maasai Warrior Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:27 am

Hi all,
As this is the first van we have had with a solar panel (80w) I was just wondering if it is normal not to see any charging going on, on the green bar on the Sargent EC480 panel. The sun was out yesterday, really hot, and this morning, and yet no charge. I am assuming both batteries are fully charged. It says capacity is at 100% but no charge. At home on mains we always get a small charge green bar even when the sun is not too strong. 

Any thoughts?

Pete

PS We still have the problem of the panel showing a red bar full waste condition, even though the outside tap is continually open, draining into a large WasteMater container!
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Solar Panel Empty Re: Solar Panel

Post by artheytrate Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:11 pm

Masai Warrior wrote:Hi all,
As this is the first van we have had with a solar panel (80w) I was just wondering if it is normal not to see any charging going on, on the green bar on the Sargent EC480 panel. The sun was out yesterday, really hot, and this morning, and yet no charge. I am assuming both batteries are fully charged. It says capacity is at 100% but no charge. At home on mains we always get a small charge green bar even when the sun is not too strong. 

Any thoughts?

Pete

PS We still have the problem of the panel showing a red bar full waste condition, even though the outside tap is continually open, draining into a large WasteMater container!
Hi Pete when it's showing 100% and no charge, press the L battery  button on your EC480 and it will show vehicle battery charging. Mine automatically switches from leisure to vehicle, and vice versa. our waste tank is regularly showing full when empty.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Solar Panel Empty Re: Solar Panel

Post by Maasai Warrior Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:00 pm

Thanks for that John, I will try not to worry the detail so much and get on and enjoy our holiday! The trouble is we all like things to work the way they should do.

Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down