The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Step light failure

4 posters

Go down

Step light failure Empty Step light failure

Post by GrahamF Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:47 pm

My step light failed on my Worcester recently. It is the one with a built in switch and is a "Lumo F2302". Has anyone got a clue how you dismantle it? I assume it does have a bulb in it, but how to to get to it is quite a mystery! Any help would be gratefully received.
GrahamF
GrahamF
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Worcester
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Step light failure Empty Re: Step light failure

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:53 pm

On mine there are two caps which I presume cover screws, prise out?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamF Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:15 pm

My thanks to "Ploughlin" for the suggestion, but my step light is obviously of a more difficult variety. As the only alternative was to purchase a new unit, I decided that it was going to be opened somehow and eventually came up with the solution that may be of some use to other forum members in the future.

As stated before, the Step light fitted to my Worcester is a Lumo F2302 and is of the type that switches on and off by pressing the diffuser. To gain access to the bulb you need to insert a thin bladed screwdriver down the side of the diffuser at either of the pivot points. These points are at the opposite ends to the Lumo logo about 25% in from the end - you can just see the white tips of them if you examine it closely. If you then twist the screwdriver whilst grimacing slightly, the diffuser springs out giving you access to the bulb. The bulb is a 12 volt 5 watt contactless wedge type and takes a fair tug to remove.
I have decided to replace it with an LED equivalent (or will modify it to take one) to save this palaver in the future.

Hope that this is of some use to someone. I would have added a couple of photos but I can't make head or tail of the Photobucket site now - has something changed?

Regards Graham
GrahamF
GrahamF
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Worcester
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Fri May 13, 2016 8:43 pm

GrahamF wrote:My thanks to "Ploughlin" for the suggestion, but my step light is obviously of a more difficult variety. As the only alternative was to purchase a new unit, I decided that it was going to be opened somehow and eventually came up with the solution that may be of some use to other forum members in the future.

As stated before, the Step light fitted to my Worcester is a Lumo F2302 and is of the type that switches on and off by pressing the diffuser. To gain access to the bulb you need to insert a thin bladed screwdriver down the side of the diffuser at either of the pivot points. These points are at the opposite ends to the Lumo logo about 25% in from the end - you can just see the white tips of them if you examine it closely. If you then twist the screwdriver whilst grimacing slightly, the diffuser springs out giving you access to the bulb. The bulb is a 12 volt 5 watt contactless wedge type and takes a fair tug to remove.
I have decided to replace it with an LED equivalent (or will modify it to take one) to save this palaver in the future.

Hope that this is of some use to someone. I would have added a couple of photos but I can't make head or tail of the Photobucket site now - has something changed?

Regards Graham
Hi Graham
I also wish to change the bulb in my Lumo F2302 and wonder if you managed to source a suitable LED equivalent. If you still have any photos it would be helpful.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Step light failure Empty Step Light

Post by gemdeco Fri May 13, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi Everyone
    There is already another thread on this around,I thought mine had died but it was operator failure.They are supposed to be a sealed unit but I understand with a bit of effort they can be prised apart,there are some for sale on Ebay at £7.00 plus £2.80 postage the advert says they are LED but that may be an error
   regards
      Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri May 13, 2016 8:59 pm

Glad to know it can be opened to replace the bulb. On another thread it was concluded it  couldn't be opened without permanent damage. Thanks for the feedback.

This is the lamp F2302. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Fri May 13, 2016 10:50 pm

gemdeco wrote:Hi Everyone
    There is already another thread on this around,I thought mine had died but it was operator failure.They are supposed to be a sealed unit but I understand with a bit of effort they can be prised apart,there are some for sale on Ebay at £7.00 plus £2.80 postage the advert says they are LED but that may be an error
   regards
      Alan
Hi Alan 
I had already seen those on ebay at £7 but not sure they are actually LED. I have emailed Lumo to ask as they still quote it as part no. F2032.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down