The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Door lock, Autosleeper Polensa not working.

Go down

Door lock, Autosleeper Polensa not working. Empty Door lock, Autosleeper Polensa not working.

Post by BML on Thu May 28, 2015 7:11 pm

Has anyone come across the door lock of the camper part of an Autosleeper Polensa not working?
BML
BML

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa

Back to top Go down

Door lock, Autosleeper Polensa not working. Empty Re: Door lock, Autosleeper Polensa not working.

Post by Paulmold on Thu May 28, 2015 7:22 pm

In what respect - does not lock from inside or outside? Or doesn't close without locking?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Door lock, Autosleeper Polensa not working. Empty Re: Door lock, Autosleeper Polensa not working.

Post by BML on Thu May 28, 2015 7:57 pm

The door is locked shut and I'm not certain how to strip it.
BML
BML

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f on Thu May 28, 2015 8:08 pm

I don't quite know what the problem you have.  You can't unlock it? Have you tried WD40 in it.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by BML on Thu May 28, 2015 8:11 pm

Yep.  I will have another look at it tomorrow with my wife trying to gently open it from the outside while I encourage it from the inside but I think I will have to work out how to remove it.
BML
BML

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BML on Fri May 29, 2015 7:32 pm

I can see the image of a door lock that I want to show on Tinypick but cant work out how to get it from there to the forum. Help!
BML
BML

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BML on Fri May 29, 2015 8:50 pm

I found a replacement lock but at £159.99 that seems a trifle over the top.

I tried Trueprint, Tinypick, if thats the right way to spell it and Photobucket failing miserably in my attempts to post a photograph of the lock on this thread so any help in making one of them work would be appreciated.

I guess I'm looking for a scrap yard that sells such things if anyone knows of one.
BML
BML

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Fri May 29, 2015 9:23 pm

I've had my door lock shut after a strong blast of wind slammed it shut. I did manage to open it by shear hard pulling from outside but it gave the impression it would never open.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BML on Sat May 30, 2015 9:40 am

Refreshed after a good kip I went and had another look at the lock this morning and when I attempted to prise the inside cover from the lock to look at the workings all of a sudden the door opened so I think that I may be on my way to fixing it.
I still can't remove the inside cover from the lock. I could see one screw head but it looks as though there are another three screw with the screw heads covered with a round plastic button which I can't remove so I might have to get a bit rough with them.
BML
BML

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Sat May 30, 2015 10:00 am

They are only caps which do prise off. Funnily enough I found someone with a similar problem on another forum...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum