The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaking manual filler on Bourton

2 posters

Go down

Leaking manual filler on Bourton Empty Leaking manual filler on Bourton

Post by padraigpost Mon May 25, 2015 2:03 pm

my Bourton was ordered with a manual water filler as well as the whale system and have found water leaks where the filler pipe joins the top inboard tank under the offside bench seat, on investigation the outside filler is 38mm diameter and the inlet to the tank is 32mm, what some idiot at Autosleepers has done is to use a 38mm pipe and tried to make it fit both ends, obviously a 32mm filler is going to leak with a 38mm pipe attached to it, they have tried to compress the pipe with brute force and ignorance without a thought about leaks, they even used the wrong type of hose clip, as it is a corrugated pipe t should have been fitted with the twin wire type of clip to fit in the corrugations but they used a standard jubilee clip to try to compress it, all it needed was a 38mm to 32mm reducer fitting with a short length of 32mm pipe, both bought from eBay and easy to fit, another case of no quality control or no one cares, they have even fitted the outside filler below the level of the tank inlet so the water has to run uphill !!!  For the price of these vehicles they need to take their finger out and get their act together.
I would advise anyone with a Bourton with a manual filler fitted to check this out.
Don
padraigpost
padraigpost

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Mercedes Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Leaking manual filler on Bourton Empty Re: Leaking manual filler on Bourton

Post by stoneb Wed May 27, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi Don,

I'm so sorry to hear of your A/S problem. I'm glad my Winnie has only the Whale system filler, despite its slight awkwardness that I've had to get used to.

Apparently, the A/S factory has various teams that assemble our motorhomes. I can only imagine someone has mis-measured from the outside of the vehicle instead of from inside, above the underfloor mounted fresh water tank (and once you've cut a hole, you can't un-cut it, can you?) This doesn't excuse the way they have used the wrong sized pipe and hose clips either.

Hopefully, the vehicle supplier is helping you out with this problem? I'm glad I took Winnie back to A/S when serious repairs were required recently, and got them to carry out their own rectification, first hand (I was treated extremely well by A/S repairs workshop whilst waiting the 2 days repair time).

Best wishes Don, from Barry and Pepi.
stoneb
stoneb

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down