The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hob Flame Failure Detection query

Go down

Hob Flame Failure Detection query Empty Hob Flame Failure Detection query

Post by Backtrax on Mon May 11, 2015 8:21 am

On our EL Broadway the hob is situated above the fridge.
Immediately adjacent to them is the oven/grill and above it, the sink unit.

On a couple of occasions SWMBO says the hob burners have refused to stay alight after a few seconds of holding the gas valve in, but then after a short time they work ok!!
This happened yesterday and I went to investigate.
None of the 4 burners would remain lit - indicating to me that they must be under the control of a common Flame Failure Device (FFD).
I then noticed that the fridge was in an alarmed state, which was unusual, but we had turned the gas bottle off then on again after a eurotunnel crossing.
I switched off the fridge then on again to reset it.
Immediately the burners would then stay alight!!

Is this just co-incidence or do the fridge and hob share an FFD.
They have separate gas isolation valves but I am wondering if there is commonality on the detection circuit.

Anybody know how the Hob FFD is connected or indeed where it is?
Backtrax
Backtrax

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo 2010

Back to top Go down

Hob Flame Failure Detection query Empty Re: Hob Flame Failure Detection query

Post by inspiredron on Thu May 14, 2015 8:46 pm

It sounds as though you may have had some air in the pipes.  Because this is happening frequently i suspect that it may be a gas joint leaking.  Perhaps your flexible connection from the gas bottle to the regulator (or regulator to van on an older van - you have not completed year of van in your profile!) has gone porous.  that happened to me once and I did not realise until i smelt gas slightly in th elocker and our gas consumption had more than doubled.
I don'tthink there is ANY chance of a common FFD. It would be a nonsense to turn all burners off if one blew out.  And to link it with the fridge? No chance!

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum