The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

exciting news

5 posters

Go down

exciting news Empty exciting news

Post by groundhog Wed May 06, 2015 7:52 pm

look here
The Oculus VR headset is due to be launched in 2016 to rival the Morpheus so geeks can walk around with a helmet on in an incredible virtual World.

HOW ABOUT GETTING OFF YOUR ORSES AND DISCOVERING THE REAL WORLD.... beachball
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

exciting news Empty Re: exciting news

Post by Jaytee Wed May 06, 2015 8:01 pm

Remember that old film 'lawnmower man' where a computer geek actually 'became a part of the computer network'. I wonder if we are heading that way at an uncontrollable pace?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Wed May 06, 2015 8:07 pm

I am struggling to contain my excitement until I know what you are talking about. Sometimes I wonder if I have been transported  to another planet. There is part of me here who thinks i may regret this posting. scratch head
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Wed May 06, 2015 8:14 pm

Bobskate wrote:I am struggling to contain my excitement until I know what you are talking about. Sometimes I wonder if I have been transported  to another planet. There is part of me here who thinks i may regret this posting. scratch head
You will be fine Bob as its all 'virtual'  up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Wed May 06, 2015 8:24 pm

That's a relief but then there is a fine dividing line. smile!
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed May 06, 2015 8:28 pm

The World has gone virtual bonkers
Just wanted a good game of conkers
Or cricket or run with a baton
Now I just have to put this daft hat on! bow
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu May 07, 2015 9:43 pm

Hi there,

Virtual reality is definitely not new; indeed, I lived most of my younger life in a state of virtual reality.

allthumbz 

Virtual Reality is when you find yourself dancing with a gorgeous blonde and even in your young and rather naive state you just know that you will be going to the lady's apartment later on the same evening.

Reality is when your mate tells you that the gorgeous blonde he is dancing with has a full set of male genitalia.  You manage to beat him through the nightclub exit door and return to your ship to spend the rest of the evening brushing your teeth; and reassuring yourself that you were dancing with a real woman.  (Nightclub in Hamburg 1961.)

allthumbz

Virtual Reality is when you have a shave, dress in your best suit, put on a splash of Old Spice and go out to woo an exotic Italian girl or maybe even find and impress the nymphomaniac brewery owner of your dreams.

Reality is that you finish up having to dissuade a Royal Navy sailor who is attempting to kiss you by hitting him over the head with an empty beer bottle. (United Services Club, Naples 1962.)

allthumbz

Virtual Reality is when you are on a night out at a dance and are asked by the manager of the dancehall to intervene between two men fighting in the foyer.  You go up to two men, tell them you are a policeman, flash your warrant card and tell them to stop fighting or you will arrest them.  They promptly stop fighting, apologise for the disturbance they have caused and leave the foyer with downcast eyes.

Reality is that they realise that it is a two-to-one situation, decide to transfer their aggression to you and finish up fighting two drunks until the on-duty police arrive. (Embassy Ballroom Skegness 1964.)

allthumbz

Virtual Reality is when you manage to extricate yourself from a fight with two drunks, return to the dancehall bar slightly bruised with your best suit in tatters and expect to carry on chatting up the rather nice girl you were talking to before being approached by the dancehall manager.  You have even planned a modest explanation of the state you are in and look forward to the warm praise that will be heaped upon your head.

Reality is that the girl tells you she didn't realise you were a policeman, that she wants nothing to do with policemen and walks away still sipping the brandy and dry ginger that you had purchased for her at great expense! (Embassy Ballroom Skegness 1964.)

allthumbz

I could go on but .... Virtual Reality?  I reckon it is one of life's major disappointments! tap_fingers  tap_fingers  tap_fingers

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:24 pm

Dutto wrote:Hi there,

Virtual reality is definitely not new; indeed, I lived most of my younger life in a state of virtual reality.

allthumbz 

Virtual Reality is when you find yourself dancing with a gorgeous blonde and even in your young and rather naive state you just know that you will be going to the lady's apartment later on the same evening.

Reality is when your mate tells you that the gorgeous blonde he is dancing with has a full set of male genitalia.  You manage to beat him through the nightclub exit door and return to your ship to spend the rest of the evening brushing your teeth; and reassuring yourself that you were dancing with a real woman.  (Nightclub in Hamburg 1961.)

allthumbz

Virtual Reality is when you have a shave, dress in your best suit, put on a splash of Old Spice and go out to woo an exotic Italian girl or maybe even find and impress the nymphomaniac brewery owner of your dreams.

Reality is that you finish up having to dissuade a Royal Navy sailor who is attempting to kiss you by hitting him over the head with an empty beer bottle. (United Services Club, Naples 1962.)

allthumbz

Virtual Reality is when you are on a night out at a dance and are asked by the manager of the dancehall to intervene between two men fighting in the foyer.  You go up to two men, tell them you are a policeman, flash your warrant card and tell them to stop fighting or you will arrest them.  They promptly stop fighting, apologise for the disturbance they have caused and leave the foyer with downcast eyes.

Reality is that they realise that it is a two-to-one situation, decide to transfer their aggression to you and finish up fighting two drunks until the on-duty police arrive. (Embassy Ballroom Skegness 1964.)

allthumbz

Virtual Reality is when you manage to extricate yourself from a fight with two drunks, return to the dancehall bar slightly bruised with your best suit in tatters and expect to carry on chatting up the rather nice girl you were talking to before being approached by the dancehall manager.  You have even planned a modest explanation of the state you are in and look forward to the warm praise that will be heaped upon your head.

Reality is that the girl tells you she didn't realise you were a policeman, that she wants nothing to do with policemen and walks away still sipping the brandy and dry ginger that you had purchased for her at great expense! (Embassy Ballroom Skegness 1964.)

allthumbz

I could go on but .... Virtual Reality?  I reckon it is one of life's major disappointments! tap_fingers  tap_fingers  tap_fingers

Best regards,
drinksallround
Good to see that some folks on here remain the same up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down