The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Broadway EKTBLP

+11
paul bullock
Jaytee
COMA
nuevoboy
rose49f
Shuggiegreen
Oldfolkie
roli
artheytrate
Paulmold
Bertie Bassett
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Broadway EKTBLP - Page 2 Empty Re: New Broadway EKTBLP

Post by Jaytee Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:17 pm

Peugeot should be able to gove you that info. Great to hear such positives. We feel exactly the same about ours after the first two year niggles. Did forget to get our broken table leg recess cap replaced while still on warranty but never mind, a very minor issue.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:30 pm

Jaytee wrote: Did forget to get our broken table leg recess cap replaced while still on warranty but never mind, a very minor issue.
Hi Jaytee

Suggestions:-

Turn one on the lathe (or find someone who can), leaving it narrower than the size of the hole so you can insert the table leg around it without removing the bung. It works a treat, much better than the original - but I forgot to take ours out of the previous van so I've got to make another!! shrugg

Alternatively find a spray can cap or similar that will drop into the hole, at least as a temporary measure. We need a bung so the dog doesn't hurt her claws by stepping in the hole (which she did once) but the little sod thinks the spray can cap is a toy and keeps trying to get it out.

Must fire up the lathe before long I think! Whistle1

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:46 pm

Thanks Dave allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:23 am

Quick update on our cracked fridge door, we eventually managed to find a time when we were back in the UK and the dealer could fit us in. It's going in on 2nd Feb.
We also had a problem in August with the Truma boiler, when on mains, it trips all the rcd trip switches on everything it's connected to.
Even though the boiler is out of warranty, Truma are going to pay for any replacement parts. The fridge door is being fitted free because the van was in warranty when the defect was reported.
Everything else is holding up well.
We have been looking around for a left hand drive van ( moving to France later this year) but nothing has the same quality feel as our Broadway. I was rather taken with a tag axle Hymer. It's a few years old, and everybody says they were built better then. It's not a patch on ours, so goodness knows what the new ones are like!

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

New Broadway EKTBLP - Page 2 Empty Truma

Post by Bertie Bassett Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:32 am

ajrm wrote:Quick update on our cracked fridge door, we eventually managed to find a time when we were back in the UK and the dealer could fit us in. It's going in on 2nd Feb.
We also had a problem in August with the Truma boiler, when on mains, it trips all the rcd trip switches on everything it's connected to.
Even though the boiler is out of warranty, Truma are going to pay for any replacement parts. The fridge door is being fitted free because the van was in warranty when the defect was reported.
Everything else is holding up well.
We have been looking around for a left hand drive van ( moving to France later this year) but nothing has the same quality feel as our Broadway. I was rather taken with a tag axle Hymer. It's a few years old, and everybody says they were built better then. It's not a patch on ours, so goodness knows what the new ones are like!
Good to see Truma going the extra mile AJ, trust it will be sorted. Don't think I could swap ours for anything else now but understand about the LH Drive that you require for France. Hope you find something suitable.
Re the moving to France bit in general though. Good on yer wish we could do the same and still keep a property in UK.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

Back to top Go down

New Broadway EKTBLP - Page 2 Empty Peugeot

Post by Bertie Bassett Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:38 am

Jaytee wrote:Peugeot should be able to gove you that info. Great to hear such positives. We feel exactly the same about ours after the first two year niggles. Did forget to get our broken table leg recess cap replaced while still on warranty but never mind, a very minor issue.
For some reason the Thanks button is not functioning so 'Thanks'. I have tried Peugeot UK....response after giving chassis number and Autosleeper Build number...'could be or might be this one or perhaps that one, never know with motorhomes they aren't standard'...was the response.
The recess caps are very brittle which is why they don't last long imo.
Funnily enough Monsieur Robert Peugeot is a regular visitor to my workplace, perhaps I'll ask him. hugegrins

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:49 am

Our only gripe with the Broadway EKTBLP is the NAME ! Not exactly catchy and, every time I write about it I have to check I've got the right letters in the right order. I'm sure someone in Willersey could have come up with something a bit more user- friendly.

Q
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:26 am

ajrm wrote:We have been looking around for a left hand drive van ( moving to France later this year) but nothing has the same quality feel as our Broadway.
Hi

Have you checked with Autosleepers? I'm sure they are selling vans in France now, and (presumably) they would be built on LHD chassis??

Worth a call I would think.

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:12 am

I think the only European countries they have dealers in are Germany Holland and Denmark. There are quite a few Motorhome Dealers close to our house in France, I would rather buy one locally for warranty purposes. That was the main reason we bought our Broadway, the dealer is only a few miles away

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:18 am

On the plus side, the Burford is about £6k cheaper in Germany.........

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:39 am

EKTBLP End Kitchen Two Berth Low Profile!
And we are sold on our Lacashire EK (even though it too is "TBLP" smile!

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:14 am

inspiredron wrote:EKTBLP End Kitchen Two Berth Low Profile!
Really ? We were told it was  End KitchenTWIN BEDS Low Profile ! smile!
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:43 pm

Quilter wrote:
inspiredron wrote:EKTBLP End Kitchen Two Berth Low Profile!
Really ? We were told it was  End KitchenTWIN BEDS Low Profile ! smile!

I was guessing never having been told but the twin beds can be a double so I stick to Two Berth!

I wonder why the four bdrth is not EKFBOC rather than juxt EK? confused3

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2