The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting Fog Lights to a Peugeot Boxer

+3
Greyhound
TRW
ScribesWtr
7 posters

Go down

Fitting Fog Lights to a Peugeot Boxer Empty Fitting Fog Lights to a Peugeot Boxer

Post by ScribesWtr Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:37 pm

It's my first time with a MH and I am a bit concerned that my Broadway did not come fitted with front fog lamps.  For as long as I can remember, I have had these on every tow car I have ever owned.

Has anyone looked into or fitted after market fog lamps and do you have any suggestions/advice?

Thanks for any guidance.

Alan
ScribesWtr
ScribesWtr

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Fitting Fog Lights to a Peugeot Boxer Empty 2010 Peugeot Boxer front fog lamps.

Post by TRW Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi, just joined forum and picked this request up so sorry for delay. I obtained a pair of fog lamps from an eBay company (auto-spares-outlet) for a total of £55.01 and a set of mounting brackets and fitting screws from local Peugeot dealer for a further £33.88. It is not possible to use blank in dashboard to fit a switch so local auto electrician fitted a separate switch with a feed from correct side of wiring for lamps which means they can only be operated while side lights are on as per lighting regulations. Relatively easy job for him and didn't take long.
Regards,
TRW.
TRW
TRW

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Fitting Fog Lights to a Peugeot Boxer Empty Re: Fitting Fog Lights to a Peugeot Boxer

Post by Greyhound Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:06 pm

I would go for LED these days, as the light output for the power rating is so much better than halogen - 20W light will be very bright.

They're easy enough to fit if you're ok with wiring a relay and switch.

Personally I'm not sure of the benefit with the boxer though with it's high seating position. I've used fog lights few times in really heavy fog in various vehicles, and have never felt they give any additional visibility to the road ahead, or the immediate road edges (which is their purpose being dipped low to the ground).
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Fitting Fog Lights to a Peugeot Boxer Empty Re: Fitting Fog Lights to a Peugeot Boxer

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:49 pm

TRW wrote:Hi, just joined forum and picked this request up so sorry for delay. I obtained a pair of fog lamps from an eBay company (auto-spares-outlet) for a total of £55.01 and a set of mounting brackets and fitting screws from local Peugeot dealer for a further £33.88. It is not possible to use blank in dashboard to fit a switch so local auto electrician fitted a separate switch with a feed from correct side of wiring for lamps which means they can only be operated while side lights are on as per lighting regulations. Relatively easy job for him and didn't take long.
Regards,
TRW.
Hi and welcome to the forum from sunny Bridlington .
Boaby 

I see your from "Oh what's that smell " Kirkcaldy (from the Lino production days) we used to live in Dunfermline and Saline.
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Tintent116 Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:00 pm

I have fitted the LEDCOM daylight Running Lights, the pod ones that fit into the "step" in the front bumper to my 2012 Boxer, they retail at about £120 approx.

I just followed the fitting instructions, it was all pretty simple and I am pleased with the result.

I have to say I personally have never found fog lamps to serve any practical use on a vehicle although they can add to the looks of the vehicle possibly....?
Tintent116
Tintent116

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by TrickyWoo Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:37 pm

Tintent116 wrote:I have fitted the LEDCOM daylight Running Lights, the pod ones that fit into the "step" in the front bumper to my 2012 Boxer, they retail at about £120 approx.

I just followed the fitting instructions, it was all pretty simple and I am pleased with the result.

I have to say I personally have never found fog lamps to serve any practical use on a vehicle although they can add to the looks of the vehicle possibly....?
I kind of agree - when speccing my new Fiat Panda, I did consider having fog lights fitted. But having specified them on my previous Berlingo, Smart and Mini, I hardly ever actually used them (given there is much misuse of foglights, there are rules about how bad visibility has to be for their useage). Indeed even when I worked nights and was going home using country roads in the very early mornings, it was never bad enough to need front fog lights. I managed for years on the odd foggy day in vehicles that didn't have fogs without any problems (just adjust your driving according to the conditions) so one option I shan't bother with again. There are other far more useful options I prefer to spend my hard-earned on.

I've got a dragon & I'm not afraid to use it!
TrickyWoo

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunbeampizza Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:35 pm

Tintent has a valid point. I considered fitting them to my duetto but realised that the very occasional summer use they would be needed would not justify the expense. Modern van lights should be sufficient particularly if, as everyone should do, you adjust your speed etc to suit visibility. Fog lights on any vehicle these days are really unnecessary anyway and how often are we blinded on clear nights by cretins insisting on switching them on. The authorities don't care it seems despite being against regulations.
Sunbeampizza
Sunbeampizza

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by TRW Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:01 pm

Hi Boaby, that explains use of the name 'Boaby'. Wondered how it got to Bridlington. Pleased to tell you that the 'smell' has now gone, unfortunately along with the factories and employment but that's progress I suppose. Give me a shout if you're ever up this way again. Regards, Tom.
TRW
TRW

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down