The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peugeot Ravenna Awning recommendations please

4 posters

Go down

Peugeot Ravenna Awning recommendations please Empty Peugeot Ravenna Awning recommendations please

Post by Pbtrickyb Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Hi All.

We have had one season in our Peugeot Ravenna Autosleeper with our two dogs.
We have quickly decided we need the benefits of the extra space provided by an awning which we can detach to go off on trips while camping.
We've been to the NEC show recently and like the look of the air awnings but I have no idea what the best way is to fasten it to the side of the Ravenna.
While cheaper than some others, we quite liked the look and size of a Trigano Recife as to our inexperienced eyes it seems to have the options we like of not having an inbuilt groundsheet, various opening options, and a good price. 
Any recommendations on things we need to consider eg height, how to attach to van would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Richard
Pbtrickyb
Pbtrickyb

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Ravenna

Back to top Go down

Peugeot Ravenna Awning recommendations please Empty Re: Peugeot Ravenna Awning recommendations please

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Do you have a wind out awning already. If so they can connect to the slot in the outer awning rail.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Peugeot Ravenna Awning recommendations please Empty Re: Peugeot Ravenna Awning recommendations please

Post by rose49f Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / Motorhome Drive Away Awnings
I have one of these. So easy to put up. watch their video. Give them a ring as they are very helpful about the height etc. You can use them as stand alone tents as well. Takes two minutes to get up. But they do sell out very quickly.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Pbtrickyb Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:33 pm

Thanks for your quick replies! We don't have any existing mounts to the side currently. I will have a look at the Khyam site! Thanks loads.  up!
Pbtrickyb
Pbtrickyb

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pbtrickyb Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi again. We are thinking the Outdoor Movelite 2 air model may be the one for us. My new query is does anyone know what is behind the plastic area that's above the side door in terms of fixings e.g is there any timber under there? It's the side area in what I can only describe as the roof section. I'm looking to mount something like a C rail as high above the door as I can get horizontal. I don't want to be trial and error in drilling holes to find it's just a thin skin of plastic and nothing else!! Thanks again. Best regards Richard
Pbtrickyb
Pbtrickyb

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:59 pm

I Don't know anything about the Movelite air awning, But we have the Vango kelway air awning, but it comes with built in ground sheet.

It comes with a number of fixings, one is a pole with suckers suitable for PVCs, windout awning fitting, or very strong straps which you throw over the roof and peg out the other side of van with this you wouldn't need any C section rail, it also has Velcro straps to fasten to pole or rail.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Pbtrickyb Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:02 pm

Thanks John! More interesting food for thought. I think it comes with throw over straps so that sounds like the natural thing to test first! Cheers Rich
Pbtrickyb
Pbtrickyb

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi Rich on our last van we had to use throw over straps and where they came in contact with van I put some external pipe insulation underneath so not to rub the paintwork.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down