The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In line switch Truma ultraflow pistol

Go down

In line switch Truma ultraflow pistol  Empty In line switch Truma ultraflow pistol

Post by CC on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:49 pm

Has anyone else fitted an inline rocker switch to the Truma Ultraflow pistol? 

I know Peter Brown first suggested this mod to me (if you read this Peter your advice would be appreciated) 

I want to do this but could just do with advice on best position to mount the rocker switch on the pistol body and wiring info, have got a two pin switch like this which hopefully is suitable? Will the wires / terminals need to be soldered or will push on terminals suffice? Thanks CC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Male

Member Age : 55
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In line switch Truma ultraflow pistol  Empty Re: In line switch Truma ultraflow pistol

Post by Peter Brown on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The topic is covered in the thread linked above.

Its over 3 years since I did it but I think the only issue was clearance for the switch terminals and I had to bend one or both at right angles and think I just split one of the pump wires and soldered the new ends to the switch terminals.

Peter

PS: Nothing to do with the switch but contacts on the van need a gentle clean with an abrasive stick a couple of times a year.

Last edited by Peter Brown on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PS added)
Peter Brown
Peter Brown

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

In line switch Truma ultraflow pistol  Empty Re: In line switch Truma ultraflow pistol

Post by CC on Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:04 pm

Thanks Peter.... Yes clearance for the switch was my concern, will check it's feasable before I go making any holes in the pistol... If not I'll have to try and source a more shallow based switch maybe.

Male

Member Age : 55
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum