The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway EK TB LP

Go down

Broadway EK TB LP Empty Broadway EK TB LP

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:46 am

The width of the single beds is quoted at 2'4".
Question 1 - is that achieved by pulling the benches out just enough to let the back rests drop down behind?
If the answer is yes, then
Question 2 - could the beds be even wider if the back rests were split longitudinally, with the bottom half dropping down behind to sit flush with the seat base.
Obviously, the top halves would need to be stored somewhere overnight. And as a full backrest the 2 halves would need some sort of connection, eg Velcro. So overall, maybe more trouble than it's worth, but I like a wide bed.
Any thoughts?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Broadway EK TB LP Empty Re: Broadway EK TB LP

Post by Quilter Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:40 pm

The width of the bottom seat cushioncushion is 28 inches. The width of the seat back cushion, is 5.5 ins and it is 14 ins deep.

The sliding bed bases will extend until they meet in the middle making a possible double of 90 ins wide, wall to wall.
If you cut the back cushion in half you could add only 7.5 ins to the width of the bed as opposed to the 5.5 ins you are adding by the usual method of dropping the back cushion down the back. It would be a lot of faff, make it more difficult to sell. I don' t think it would improve your daytime comfort either.

We use the beds as 2 singles and find them adequately wide. We have put ( Argos, spilt double ) memory foam mattress toppers over the bottom cushions and find them a big improvemnet. I leave them on all the time with loose covers over the top.

Q
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:14 pm

More measurements: if you have one bed with the seat cushion and the back cushion flat, side by side you will make up a bed of 28 + 14 ins. The other bed would be, as usual, 28 ins to sleep on and 5 ins to allow for the thickness of the back cushion, on end. The space you would have between the beds like this is therefore 15 ins: quite adequate to get up without disturbing a partner.

Basically the metal and wood bed base will pull out as far as you want it and any distance between maximum extension ( is 45 ins) and fully retracted ( ie 28 in)

Hope you can make sense of this. I am pecking away on a tablet and can' t see what I have written. We are away in the van at the moment so will happily give other measurements if you need them. We have the 2014 Ek TB LP version.

Q
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:52 am

Thanks Quilter. As you say, a bit of a faff. It was just a thought.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down