The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tranverse Bed

3 posters

Go down

Tranverse Bed Empty Tranverse Bed

Post by tony50 Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:55 pm

On a Mercedes /Automatic gearbox , but, with a transverse bed that's what we would really like, with headroom to sit up in bed , and no wardrobes stuck up each side so you don't have to shunt in and out of bed, the floor would probably have to be raised slightly to avoid wheelbox , am I asking too much ?

Tony A.
tony50
tony50

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

Tranverse Bed Empty Re: Tranverse Bed

Post by m8form8 Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:45 am

I have to say your not alone wishing for that type of layout. We recently started out in this motorhome world and have been left thinking that your wish list is what we would ideally think would suit us. Not that right now we can afford an update but if we could!  biggrin biggrin biggrin Always seem's to be a compromise whatever design we looked at. Most seem to go for fit as many sleeping places in as possible, rather than make something very comfortable for two. Even looking across to Europe for something tended to end up in results where the transverse bed is as high as an above cab bed.
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 65
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by tony50 Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:38 pm

m8form8 wrote:I have to say your not alone wishing for that type of layout. We recently started out in this motorhome world and have been left thinking that your wish list is what we would ideally think would suit us. Not that right now we can afford an update but if we could!  biggrin biggrin biggrin Always seem's to be a compromise whatever design we looked at. Most seem to go for fit as many sleeping places in as possible, rather than make something very comfortable for two. Even looking across to Europe for something tended to end up in results where the transverse bed is as high as an above cab bed.

We have found a Peugeot based Bailey 730 that has a nice transverse bed but unfortunately Peugeot don't do an automatic , and one side of the bed has unrestricted access, and the other side has a little restriction, but this Bailey is a bit wider than most makes, and of course they don't put the body on a Mercedes, but we would have compromised on that.

Tony A
tony50
tony50

Male

Member Age : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:06 pm

If money was not an object, think this is the best compromise I have seen available. Sadly I am not that rich, but happy with what we have for now maybe when i get a pension 

At least it is an Auto..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:02 pm

I prefer an automatic as well but feel most motorhomes are to small for a fixed bed the new ones that drop down from the roof look good but getting up in the middle of the night I would end up breaking a leg. So for us the best set up is 2 single beds that way no one has to climb over the other one to visit the loo.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:26 pm

Every thing is always a compromise, I guess. Probably by the time i can afford a transverse bed ill have got to the stage where two singles would be a preference too.  confused3 Maybe by then we will have moved and have a longer driveway at the moment our Automatic Amethyst only just fits and that is with 6 inches off the front of the house. Added to our parking issue is that the drive is on a slope downwards to the house, so blocks and good brakes required on the occasions we put it in the driveway  scratch head scratch head scratch head
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum