The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS motorhomes at York CC site

+2
burlingtonboaby
Paulmold
6 posters

Go down

AS motorhomes at York CC site Empty AS motorhomes at York CC site

Post by Paulmold Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:38 pm

I don't think I've seen such an array of AS's on one site before. During our week there the following vans came and went..

Gatcombe, Clubman, Clubman GL, Warwick, Kemerton, Nuevo, Winchcombe, Trident and a Kingham. 

What a pity most lock themselves away in their vans and don't speak to others. The only one I spoke to was the lady from the Winchcombe, hopefully she and her other half will join us here. This comment applies to all other brands of vans as well, hardly anyone seems to speak to other motorhomers. After all the waving that happens on the roads, how come no-one speaks on site.

Edit- forgot the Windsor.  Hope the Winchcombe couple do join as I see we only have two Winchcombes listed on the membership list.

Last edited by Paulmold on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

AS motorhomes at York CC site Empty Re: AS motorhomes at York CC site

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Hi Paul
Pity really, isn't it,I found when we had the calling cards to hand out to other AS vans, most of the owners were delighted to pass the time of day with you.
However I'm aware that the cards cost money and the amount of people joining the forum via the card system was low.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:59 pm

We have found the opposite to be true.  We met loads of friendly people last summer at various campsites... We were invited to tea in Wiseman's Bridge, a neighbour helped with an awning problem at Lacock (he was much taller than either of us)...and when he went to a car boot sale the following morning, he came back with the mini screwdriver we needed...as a prezzie!  Also at Lacock, the mechanism on our habitation door broke and another neighbour knew exactly what to do, as he used to work for A/S..... We've had other A/S owners come to look at, and chat about the van...altogether a very friendly bunch!

The sun is shining today, and I even had the sunroof open on my car on our way out for Sunday lunch!  The habitation check has been booked, and the annual service. So bring on summer... and if you see us on a camp site, come and talk to us!!

Oh yes, and another forum member called at the house last week to ask if we are Swansea Jack...and we find we live very close to each other, and have even passed the time of day, in passing, in the past!

Last edited by Swansea Jac on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to mention another friendly A/S member)
Swansea Jac
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper : Legend
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:21 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:Hi Paul
Pity really, isn't it,I found when we had the calling cards to hand out to other AS vans, most of the owners were delighted to pass the time of day with you.
However I'm aware that the cards cost money and the amount of people joining the forum via the card system was low.
Boaby
I've still got some cards and still leave them under wipers when I see AS's when I'm out and about but don't like to do that when people are inside their vans .
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:42 pm

The calling cards sound like a good idea.  Couldn't they be put on here so we can print some off ourselves at no cost to the admin?

Last edited by Swansea Jac on Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Swansea Jac
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:52 pm

Now that is a good idea !!!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:49 pm

We've just got back from a few days in at Bristol's Baltic Wharf (actually booked it in November as they were the only 3 consecutive days available all year). There was a Nuevo and a Broadway on site but didn't have a chance to meet up with them.
I've got a forum sticker on the windscreen (but realise it's usually covered up with the silver screen at this time of year) but have sadly never yet seen another 'van with a forum sticker on.
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:51 pm

I have a sticker on both back and front windows but like you, silver screen covers front sticker.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by repoort Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:38 pm

I agree, it's nice to be near - but not too near - another van similar to yours, for a chat. Doesn't happen very often, unfortunately...it's usually the case that we're the smallest (or only) van there.
 On another VWT4 forum (no names) it is common at VW shows for owners to put their username on the windscreen to identify forum members.
But, the same problem this time of year, windscreens covered up in the early evening.
repoort
repoort
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : T5 Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:15 am

Swansea Jac wrote:The calling cards sound like a good idea.  Couldn't they be put on here so we can print some off ourselves at no cost to the admin?

We will see if we can get something sorted out up!

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:31 am

Admin wrote:
Swansea Jac wrote:The calling cards sound like a good idea.  Couldn't they be put on here so we can print some off ourselves at no cost to the admin?

We will see if we can get something sorted out up!
Thank you , Admin!  allthumbz

I'm sure they'd make a good ice-breaker!  handshake

I am going to order an extra window sticker for the habitation door window, because we often leave the silver screens in place with just the central bit folded down, when parked up...
whether for privacy, wink02
insulation against the cold, cold
or insulation against the blistering heat of a British summer sun hugegrins
Swansea Jac
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down