The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waster water reading on control panel

+2
roli
CC
6 posters

Go down

Waster water reading on control panel Empty Waster water reading on control panel

Post by CC Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Does anyone with a Broadway have a problem with the waste tank level reading? Ours is continually showing 0% Full despite being filled until it overflows? 

Had a similar problem with the fresh water level reading as well but this now appears to be rectified after cleaning the tank with some Elsan Fresh Water Tank Clean it now works fine so may just be an accumulation of grime or limescale on the tank sensors possibly? 

Looking on the Sargent EC325 control panel menu I note you can select 1 or 2 measurement levels, selecting No 2 I understand it should show you when it's 50% full whereas No 1 selection only warns you when it's 100% full... I've tried both options but it still reads 0% but it does sound the beep warning to state it's full so it's just the readout that's not showing correctly.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Waster water reading on control panel Empty Re: Waster water reading on control panel

Post by roli Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:34 pm

Same panel thats in the Windsor CC , never given an accurate reading since new.   I have posted my comments previously on these Sargent Panels
When I removed the panel for inspection I spotted 4 unsoldered joints and I dont do surface mount soldering - too small for me!
A guy at our club is very well qualifeied in these things and working for a large Japanese Electronics company has access to decent equipment and he obliged and in doing so also found some dry joints.
These were all corrected.
Result, the water level whilst not spot on is much better than previously.   The voltage readings were anything upto 2v low dependant on battery voltage but at best 1.5v out.    After correction the error is a consistant 0.7v low irrespective of battery voltage.
Give a reset a try, remove the panel and disconnect the connector on the rear for a couple of minutes. Replace the connector and see what happens
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Waster water reading on control panel Empty Re: Waster water reading on control panel

Post by inspiredron Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:12 am

Waste water is a float sensor and only shows 100% or 0%. Because it is a float type it is unlikely to be affected by corrosion.  My Lancashire had to have a replacement sensor when new as I had a similar problem. I also had problems with fresh water levels this summer. I cured that by cleaning the connectors to the studs and then adding a spot of silicone sealant to keep weather out. Previously it had been covered by tape which retains damp road grot. My main problem was with the bottom stud connection so I got fairly consistent 0% readings! Next summer will be its test. I found it impossible to get at the 100% stud but that is also more difficult for road filth to corrode.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Mine always goes to 25% full after emptying the tank, I was also fed up with alarm sounding saying full when empty so I've cancelled alarm setting on panel.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:48 am

As Ron says it is a float and only shows 0% or 100%. The 50% option is not installed by AS. When it goes to 100% you get an annoying alarm (particularly when it happens in the middle of the night). I'm on my 3rd float (all replaced under warranty), the next time it goes faulty I'll just disconnect it (which is probably what's been done to yours CC) as I don't need the control panel to tell me the waste tank is full!

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:55 pm

Thanks all for the comments... Looks like the panel is working normally then

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Backtrax Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:36 pm

CC,
The waste water on mine reads 100% at the appropriate time, but I consider this to be a pretty useless warning, in that the waste starts to come out of the top breather holes when the tank is full.
I therefore fitted another float sensor at the 50% level which works ok.
Since your van is the same as mine you no doubt find the positioning of the waste drainage point, adjacent to the hab door, to be poor vis smell - or you will when next in hot French summer weather.
At the same time as doing the float sensor I moved the drainage outlet to the other side of the van.
Backtrax
Backtrax

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Thanks Backtrax 

Had the float in the Nuevo replaced by AutoSleepers with a set of sensor studs which seemed more accurate, saw on Sargents web site that they sell the stud sensor sets for just over a fiver a set which seems very reasonable as I seem to recall Auto-Sleepers charged us around £35 to supply.

Male

Back to top Go down