The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of getting 4birth Auto Sleeper Neuvo

+4
pablo
Paulmold
burlingtonboaby
rose49f
8 posters

Go down

Thinking of getting 4birth Auto Sleeper Neuvo Empty Thinking of getting 4birth Auto Sleeper Neuvo

Post by rose49f Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:02 pm

I have just put my Trident up for sale and am thinking of getting a 4 berth Auto Sleepers Neuvo. Not a new one.

What are the good/bad points about them?  And how wide are they. I know they are under 6 meters long which is what I am looking for.

studying
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Thinking of getting 4birth Auto Sleeper Neuvo Empty Re: Thinking of getting 4birth Auto Sleeper Neuvo

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi 
If your looking at a face lift model Nuevo, 07 onwards the width is 
2690mm mirrors extended, 2320 mirrors folded, we enjoyed our 09 Nuevo ES for 3 years, however exchanged it recently for a longer van , the Sigma EK.
The Nuevo ES is a great compact van 4 berth van, you will find the extra space a great asset .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Thinking of getting 4birth Auto Sleeper Neuvo Empty Re: Thinking of getting 4birth Auto Sleeper Neuvo

Post by Paulmold Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:59 pm

The earlier model (up to 2006) has a width of 2.49m mirrors extended and 2.18m folded. The later model (from 2007 on the X250 chassis was available with this narrower body for a couple of years, known as the Nuevo Classic.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by pablo Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:26 pm

We chose a Nueveo as our second van after lots of looking and comparing panel vans and coachbuilts, our first van was a 2005 Avantgarde.

Good Points (there are 2 of us,we have 2008 model with overcab)
nice length just under 6m, good compromise we think not too short nor too long we chose overcab model, rather than low profile, for extra storage and sleeping for one extra or -2 small children tight turning circle 4 seatbelts. we get 30mpg nice looking van/overall design very good, holds value well and should be easy to sell on if needed as popular choice, excellent versatile sleeping/seating/table arrangements, good storage spaces under seats and overcupboards.

bad points: conversion from settee to bed works ok but supports not brilliant, could be better-we think U shape lounge arrangement at rear is maybe best for chilling but settled for Nuevo arrangement to get a sub 6m van that offered good storage etc as above-would like it if there was an indication light to tell us water heater is on, nothing else comes to mind. If there were too many bad points we probably wouldn't have bought it, and it wouldn't be a popular maybe better mpg if low profile bought and extra space not needed.

good luck!

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : html removed)
pablo
pablo

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Pablo
Don't know what happened but the post has come up very strange. Can you see what I see
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:12 pm

We love our 2004 2 berth low profile Nuevo. The narrower width suits us, it can be parked in most car parking spaces that are not height barrier controlled. As we normally spend the night at aires when touring we find we can always squeeze in where bigger vans can't fit!
The post by Pablo looks like it may have been copied and pasted from a word program, I've noticed it on occasion when I've done it that way.

Last edited by bikeralw on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:42 pm

What are the beds like in the 4 berth Can an adult sleep on the top bunk with ease

read
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pablo Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:21 pm

One adult is fine, plenty of room although headroom is tight two is not really practical.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : html removed)
pablo
pablo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:31 pm

Hi,
   we have an 07 Nuevo EK, great van. I think its 7' 6" wide including mirrors, which are very good, so no probs' judging distance.  Have fitted mirror guards just in case! We find the main couch bed the best to set up, just push two buttons, pull on bases, and it all "flumps" into position.
Mike
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : NUEVO EK 3.0
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:47 pm

Hi 
I slept better up in the Luton bed area than in my bed at home, I'm 6 foot and 17 stone, no problems getting in and out via the step ladder.
Plenty of storage up there too.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:47 am

I'm liking the sound of the Auto Sleeper Nuevo more and more. The kitchen part doesn't worry me as I don't do cooking whilst away.

Easy meals for me. Has anyone any bad things to say about the Neuvo.

studying
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfolkie Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:49 pm

After years of caravanning we purchased a 2009 Nuevo ES eighteen months ago and we have spent four months in it in 2014 so far. This has inluded a even week trip to Spain and France and a similar length trip around Scotland and Ireland and we have loved every minute of it. The only drawback, for us and it would not apply to everyone, is that we like to sleep in single beds and the near side single bed (using the front seat turned round) is rather narrow and therefore we have arranged to trade in our Nuevo or a Broadway EKTBLP. We have had to plump for a longer vehicle because of storage issues.  We used the Luton on the Nuevo exclusively for storage- principally for our Duvalays.  Hope this is of some help.
Oldfolkie
Oldfolkie

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:20 pm

Where are you trading it in. See you live in Shropshire. I really am not looking till after the New Year though but I keep my eyes open. I need a 4berth 4 seatbelt compact motorhome and keep coming back to the Neuvo ES. 
  smile!
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfolkie Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:33 pm

We are trading it on 17th December at Moran Motorhomes in Ludlow.  We purchased our Nuevo ES from Morans and had no hesitation in going back to them for our next Motorhomes.  We have found them extremely friendly and helpful with no pressure to buy.  I know that they have or are soon soon to have two or three Nuevos as trade-ins but I do not how many of them are the ES model. They have a web site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and they list the motorhomes they have in stock. If you fancy atrip out, I think that you may find it worthwhile. If you think of any other issues that you would like more information about from someone who has lived with one I would be happy to try and answer your questions.
Oldfolkie
Oldfolkie

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:33 pm

I popped in once before but they didnt have any. I see they have one in now. I am working in Ludlow on Wednesday so will pop in and take a look. Someone told me Morans were expensive. What do you think?
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

is an earlier thread on the same topic, don't forget 'Lancashire' and Orion Zeta (if you like blue).

As well as mirror guards a reversing camera might save you rear damage and lower your insurance premium.

Beware of the good turning circle, it is too easy to 'graze' a roadside tree due to the rear overhang (fortunately only cosmetic damage). 

Not thinking of trading mine in yet. Can't understand how two previous owners only put 12,000 miles on in four years when I have done 14K+ in less than 18 months.

Best wishes for your purchase
Fred
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down