The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions on FLOE , water removal kit

4 posters

Go down

Opinions on FLOE , water removal kit Empty Opinions on FLOE , water removal kit

Post by LesleyJD Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:45 am

HI there on this wet Sunday, we are just shutting down our Bourton for the winter and have seen the advert for Floe
water removal kit in the caravan club mag and just wondered what others think of this product.
The theory is good we think but wanted to ask before we go cutting any pipes and fixing it up.
thanks in advance, Lesley and Peter
LesleyJD
LesleyJD

Female

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Opinions on FLOE , water removal kit Empty Re: Opinions on FLOE , water removal kit

Post by Paulmold Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:23 pm

Use the search facility for 'floe' posts and you'll find links to video and opinions of members.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Opinions on FLOE , water removal kit Empty Re: Opinions on FLOE , water removal kit

Post by inspiredron Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:10 pm

It seems a very good idea but IMHO it is totally unnecessary provided that you ensure that everything is drained over the winter. That means draining down the fresh and waste tanks with all taps open in the mid position between hot and cold so that water does not get trapped by an airlock. Don't forget to open the frost drain valve for the hot water heater and also empty the shower pipe and toilet tank. And leave the taps in the open position. Do make sure that the water pump cannot be turned on by mistake but run it for a few seconds after draining to force water out of its own chambers.
Floe won't get every drop of water out and careful emptying as I have described has always worked for me. What little is left in will freeze but won't cause damage as long as it us not trapped,  for example in a closed tap.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Totally agree with Ron, but on my last van a Pilote  I still had  an occasion when freezing water " popped off " a push on joint ! So I now take the precaution of "blowing down " each of the taps to clear any trapped water. I bought a cheap shower adapter for bath taps ,used just one side with the adaptor held to the taps and blow down the pipe until you hear the system clear.Does it for me and less cost/hassle than a FLOE!          REGARDS  Paul

allthumbz
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:47 pm

paul bullock wrote:Totally agree with Ron, but on my last van a Pilote  I still had  an occasion when freezing water " popped off " a push on joint ! So I now take the precaution of "blowing down " each of the taps to clear any trapped water. I bought a cheap shower adapter for bath taps ,used just one side with the adaptor held to the taps and blow down the pipe until you hear the system clear.Does it for me and less cost/hassle than a FLOE!          REGARDS  Paul

allthumbz
I like that !  allthumbz

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down