The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Habitation Door Stuck Shut Reflection!!

Go down

Habitation Door Stuck Shut Reflection!! Empty Habitation Door Stuck Shut Reflection!!

Post by Mutleysdad on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:37 pm

This is a follow up to my previous threads. Having been to hell and back with this door, I am pleased to advise of the outcome and preventative information for all campervan owners. If you want to prevent the same thing that happened to me, I would suggest the following: With the door open you will see a rubber seal around the closing point on the door. Firstly using a cleaner or as I used, white spirit, clean the inner edge where the door closes to. You may find a black rubber mark which needs to be removed. Then using silicone spray, go around the actual rubber seal with the spray and wipe off any surplus silicone. I would suggest that you do this maybe twice a year. You would not believe how strong a bond becomes between the seal and the door during a period of intense heat especially if you have not used the door for some period of time. I would also like to thank Auto Sleeper Service and Spares departments for their help during this period, and because I did the work myself was able to save myself a lot of money!!
Mutleysdad
Mutleysdad

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : South East

Back to top Go down

Habitation Door Stuck Shut Reflection!! Empty Re: Habitation Door Stuck Shut Reflection!!

Post by DuxDeluxe on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:21 pm

I had a slightly sticking door on my Broadway - didn't even think about it until you posted the resolution, but when it stuck a bit I used some Harken McLube dry lubricant spray and it never stuck again. As a dinghy sailor, Dago probably knows all about McLube but any similar dry lubricant would work - as you say, silicone lubricant. Cheers

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum