The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo EK Waste level indication

+3
Billy Ruffian
Paulmold
Driftwood6
7 posters

Go down

Nuevo EK  Waste level indication Empty Nuevo EK Waste level indication

Post by Driftwood6 Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:32 am

I have a 2014 Nuevo EK. The Sargent computer display panel constantly shows 0% waste level and then suddenly, and without any intermediate reading shows 100% full and the alarm sounds. The tank at this stage really is full as I have measured the amount of waste using a bucket to empty the tank. My wife says that the sink also stops emptying although I don't accept that at face value as nothing comes up through the shower drains.

The handbook says:
Indicated 0% = 0 to 50% full
Indicated 50% = >50% to full  but also states states that not all manufacturers fit this.
Indicated 100% = Full.

Question 1. Do any other Nuevo owners get a 50% indication?
Question 2. Is it really correct that if the 50% probe is not fitted by Auto-sleepers that the indicator should really read 0% even when the tank is 99% full?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Question 3. If needed is it possible to retrofit a 50% sensor? 

Calls to my supplying dealer have not yet proved fruitful as apparently Auto-sleeper are on holiday for another week and they are unable to get technical assistance.
Driftwood6
Driftwood6

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : 2014 Nuveo EK
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Nuevo EK  Waste level indication Empty Re: Nuevo EK Waste level indication

Post by Paulmold Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:35 am

Alan in the spares dept was there last Monday because I spoke to him and he sent me a part so I'm not saying the workshops are not on holiday but they are certainly not closed completely.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Ruffian Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:52 am

You might find this recent thread interesting:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2 ES
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Driftwood6 Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:06 am

Thanks for that Billy, I don't know why I missed it when I did my original search - over awed by the amount of Nuevo topics on the forum. At least I now know it is a design cost saving problem, not a fault on my particular van. Now I must investigate the tank blanket that keeps falling off........ :)
Driftwood6
Driftwood6

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:29 am

Interesting that your blanket is coming off as well. Found mine like a big mudflap one day so taped it up with electrical tape and asked Sheffield Marquis to re-glue it when I was there for something else. Yeh right, what a waste of time they were; didn't even take my tape off to do the job properly, they just squeezed something around the edges. Totally pointless and not impressed. Will have to take it of myself, clean off the old adhesive and do the job properly. 
As yours is the same I wonder if AS are using a sub standard adhesive batch?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Driftwood6 Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:49 am

I am hoping it is a genuine Tank-Blanket and not an alternative make as I have emailed Tank-Blanket support asking for their advice on the best way of re-fixing it. Not worth the expensive roundtrip back to the dealer only for them to do a bodge job. The thing I miss most about my old Autocruise is the dealer, Hayes Leisure in the West Midlands, in whom I had total faith, unlike my AS dealer.
Driftwood6
Driftwood6

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:43 pm

Driftwood6 wrote:I am hoping it is a genuine Tank-Blanket and not an alternative make as I have emailed Tank-Blanket support asking for their advice on the best way of re-fixing it. Not worth the expensive roundtrip back to the dealer only for them to do a bodge job. The thing I miss most about my old Autocruise is the dealer, Hayes Leisure in the West Midlands, in whom I had total faith, unlike my AS dealer.
Sorry, going way off thread here but the factory service centre are top notch. Shame they are 220 miles from me ha ha.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by silvertraveller Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Hi Driftwood ,
                          we have a Broadway EK which is more or less the same as a Nuevo , I have only one display warning for my waste water tank which is 100% full  I have checked in my handbook & it states that the 50% full function is not normally fitted by A,S & it comes as an extra , my sink also won't drain with the waste water tank full & doesn't come back up through the shower or sink drains  but once the waste tank is drained down then the sink drains away no problem ,
                                                Mick
silvertraveller
silvertraveller

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 2009 Broadway EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Driftwood6 Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Thanks Mick. very useful.
Driftwood6
Driftwood6

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Backtrax Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:09 pm

Driftwood,
I have a 2010 Broadway EL Duo.
As others have commented, the 50% full is not fitted so you go from 0% to 100%.
Pretty useless really, so I fitted my own 50% full indicator last year.
Worth noting that when I had the waste tank off to do this, I found that the vent holes at the top of the tank were blocked with muck. Clearing these has improved kitchen sink drainage although it is always going to be slow once the level in the tank is higher than the lowest part of the sink drain pipe.
Backtrax
Backtrax

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:24 pm

I am interested that you have implemented 50%. Did existing have studs or a flost? Marquis told me mine is a flost as studs corrode badly in waste. 
Also was extra wire in harness or did you add one to Sargent control panel? 
My previous Hymer had 0, 25, 50, 75 and 100 sensed by 4 rods which dipped into each tank. I never had any problems in 10 years. 
They are on Shaudtsite [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]schaudt-gmbh.de/pdf/oeffentlich/.../Produktuebersicht_GB_2012.pdf
The pdf also has studs "only for waste".

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by Backtrax Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:41 am

Ron,
My waste tank was slightly loose in its mountings and the movement created when it had water in it whilst driving had caused one of the inlet pipes to break its seal and thus leak slightly.
So I removed the tank to correct this problem and to give it a good clean out.
Whilst doing this I fitted an additional float switch to the rear centre of the tank at approx 50% level.
This gave me an 'independent' sensor in case the 'rods' caused me problems further down the line.
I also fitted the waste outlet to the other side of the tank because originally the outlet was on the nearside and came out immediately adjacent to the habitation door.
Quite an easy job.
Backtrax
Backtrax

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:13 am

interesting that Marquis told you studs corrode. Wondering what to do to prevent it  scratch head

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:02 pm

Backtrax wrote:Ron,
My waste tank was slightly loose in its mountings and the movement created when it had water in it whilst driving had caused one of the inlet pipes to break its seal and thus leak slightly.
So I removed the tank to correct this problem and to give it a good clean out.
Whilst doing this I fitted an additional float switch to the rear centre of the tank at approx 50% level.
This gave me an 'independent' sensor in case the 'rods' caused me problems further down the line.
I also fitted the waste outlet to the other side of the tank because originally the outlet was on the nearside and came out immediately adjacent to the habitation door.
Quite an easy job.

That sounds a good move. Was there a spare wire in the harness or did you run an extra wire back to the Sargent control panel?
I have googled float switches and am bemused by the variety on offer. What did you use? A link would be very useful.
Thanks

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

Back to top Go down