The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Shelving

3 posters

Go down

Nuevo Shelving Empty Nuevo Shelving

Post by merv Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:01 pm

2013 Nuevo EK:  Has anyone put additional shelving in the nearside and/or offside overhead lockers? The lockers are sufficiently deep  but an additional narrowish shelf in each would be useful. I'm always a little worried about screwing fixings into, in this case, the side of the wardrobe. I am also aware of having to keep the weight to a minimum.
merv

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol Plus
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Shelving Empty Re: Nuevo Shelving

Post by Billy Ruffian Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:24 pm

We found that shelves can seriously restrict access to the rear of the lockers under the shelves.  The solution is then to use baskets that you can lift right out - we store condiments, fruit, etc like that.     Our top shelves are about 6 inches from back to front.

for items that use all the space from back to front eg shirts the upper shelf is not a problem.

Fixing to the sides of the lockers is easy.    I personally wouldn't screw into the wall of the van.
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2 ES
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Shelving Empty nuevo shelving

Post by paul bullock Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:01 pm

We have a 2011 Nuevo and I have added shelves to 2 of the overhead lockers ( 1 to hold a sat receiver and below a freeview+ box) the other just to give better storage. I got the shelf material from B&Q almost an exact match and used peg type shelf carriers which only needed holes drilling at the reqd level. Be careful what you do in the wardrobe theres  a mirror behind one side in the washroom NO 7yrs bad luck!
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down