The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should this be sealed?

3 posters

Go down

Should this be sealed? Empty Should this be sealed?

Post by mousy Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:16 am

Hi, we've a autosleeper Northants. Looking at the front of the van there is a strip with autosleeper written on it, on the bulge above the windscreen. There appears to some sealent above this band but not all the way along. 

I've poured water down from the roof and it just disappears! No sign of damp or water inside the van. Is this a hidden channel to take the water away? SHould the bead of sealer go all the way around this top edge as it does under the band?
I've returned the van to the dealer and asked them to reseal but thought I'd check on here. Thanks in anticipation for your replies.
mousy
mousy

Female

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Northants

Back to top Go down

Should this be sealed? Empty Re: Should this be sealed?

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi Mousy
My van is the same, rain water runs from the front grey strip when we move out, no problems with dampness inside the Luton.
However if you have concerns, ring Mark Burdettt at Willersey
01386853511, he should be able to give you some advise.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:13 pm

Hi mousey,

I have a 2006 Rienza which has a similar luton description to yours. On the front of the Luton there is a red, white and blue graphic in a tricolour design. The luton has a strip running from one side of the van round the front to the other side of the van where it meets with the vertical strips at the front of the habitation section of the van.

Ours also had sealant, which was beginning to sit out too far from the bodywork and was attracting moss in the gap.

My local independent ( and very trustworthy) service agent, Simon at Leisure Technical Solutions (Dromore, Co. Down) tells me that the band which covers the joint is held in place by adhesive tape. He recommended resealing with a silicon type sealant.

I took this advice as a preventative course of action. Yours may possibly be a different construction, but worth getting it checked out. I have also had the vertical strips near the rear corners of the van re-sealed as I had a minor leak the source of which was not obvious.

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by mousy Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:16 am

Thanks for the replies, we rang Mark at autosleeper, it doesn't need sealing as it's designed for the water to run down into some channels. However, as we asked the dealer to seal it, it won't matter that he has!
mousy
mousy

Female

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Northants

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum