The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway fb damp problems

4 posters

Go down

Broadway fb damp problems Empty Broadway fb damp problems

Post by andy f Thu 27 Mar 2014 - 17:45

Took my 11 month old broardway fb to fix few problems and habitation check only to be told that it has damp in several places and needs to go back to AS is this something that's exceptable not sure what to do about this. What do people think.
andy f
andy f

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Broardway fb

Back to top Go down

Broadway fb damp problems Empty Re: Broadway fb damp problems

Post by Backtrax Thu 27 Mar 2014 - 18:25

I would be arranging to get it back asap if there were 'several areas'.
Assume it is Marquis Preston who was the dealer. Not sure where you stand re cost of getting it to Willersley and back.
Backtrax
Backtrax

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by andy f Thu 27 Mar 2014 - 18:28

Return to AS not the problem more about the future of the van regarding any future damp and associated problems
andy f
andy f

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Backtrax Thu 27 Mar 2014 - 23:46

Get it back to AS asap - damp at this stage is not acceptable - my Broadway is 4 years old and has a just been checked with a zero damp return.
Backtrax
Backtrax

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 0:03

Not acceptable. By law, as i understand it ,you go back to the dealer where you bought it.  He has to fix it or give a replacement or your money back.
Normal they try to fix it as this is the cheapest way. Try for a replacement home whilst this is going on.Keep details of all phone calls as well as paper trails. Maybe instruct a lawyer. This is a serious fault.
Keep us informed of the progress.
Best of luck.

Mike
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 18:33

Had a similar damp problem in our 12 month old Broadway EL Duo just before we were due to pick it up in November last year. Marquis sent the van back to AS as it was still under their warranty, there was no quibble.
We were worried about finding damp so soon but at least it was under warranty and a fairly simple fix.
Marquis arranged for it to go to AS but as it was only from Tewkesbury to Willersley not much of an issue. AS had the van for about 2 weeks.
Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction, agree with Andy F about potential future problems.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by andy f Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 19:04

Hi milhouse did you manage to get AS or marquis to agree any follow up if damp problems reocur when warranty runs out that's my concern that all ok for awhile then you get a problem or when you come to trade in and dealer or whoever finds damp and a big bill appears just can see the senirio as they went all over my trade in and that was a panel van
andy f
andy f

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by broadwayelduo Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 19:34

andy f wrote:
Took my 11 month old broardway fb to fix few problems and habitation check only to be told that it has damp in several places and needs to go back to AS is this something that's exceptable not sure what to do about this. What do people think.

I too have now come across the same problem.Purchased my Broadway el duo from SMC/Nottingham 1st March 2013 and have had a nightmare of a year with problems of every nature electrics-woodwork,the latest being a TV they installed that has gone on the blink 3 days after their guarantee was up,luckily for me i spoke with the supplier who i know and they have asked me to send it to them,anyway today i went into the van to take the TV out thats sits in a recess by the side of the wardrobe and i found a small puddle of water on the shelf and in the recesses in the wardrobe, hopeing now it might just be the seal around the base of the arial.

Just found this old article [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] no improvement then in quality
broadwayelduo
broadwayelduo

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway el duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 21:04

Hi andy f,

We had some other issues (nothing major) with the van that Marquis said they would put right before we picked up the van. Because we weren't 100% happy with how the van had been presented and then the damp problem, they gave us an extra years warranty and a free hab inspection.
We asked about future damp problems in the same area but no written guarantees but the damp issue has been documented. So we will make a point of getting them to check each time it goes in for service just in case it happens again.
Marquis at Tewkesbury have looked after us so far so we trust they will in the future.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by andy f Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 21:17

Well just been to dealers to empty van ready to go back to AS Wednesday they have told me damp around b/q point 25% and offside wall and floor 60% thought I bought a camper not a boat told not to worry AS will sort it out oh and by the way that's £198 for that bit of good news.
andy f
andy f

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by broadwayelduo Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 10:16

Took mine down to SMC last Saturday morning they suspected it was comeing in from the sat/arial grommet but they resealed everywhere just to make sure,so far after testing from a good hoseing it seems to have worked..they also put the meter in and found a 0 reading.
broadwayelduo
broadwayelduo

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway el duo

Back to top Go down