The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suction Shelter for Numptys

2 posters

Go down

Suction Shelter for Numptys Empty Suction Shelter for Numptys

Post by Vardy Mon 9 Dec 2013 - 15:41

Just got my Christmas present from him indoors.  - The Quest Elite Universal shelter (with 2 extra sides) £100 with delivery. Ordered it from World of Camping on Saturday. For those of you who are young enough/tall enough/agile enough/got helpers, don't read on.

Although I have a driveaway awning for the side, I was looking for something for over the back doors that I could literally 'throw' at the van. Especially when I am not feeling up to p***ing around or borrowing someone else's bloke and upsetting the wife before the kettle is even on.

WELL,  We've just had a 'dummy run'  - in the living room. Just missed the telly, both chandeliers and the cat is a bit flat. What a brilliant piece of kit for the money. it is exactly like putting up an easy parasol and the legs just follow (up your jacksie actually, when you have neglected to look behind you).

It attaches with 2 lever suckers and a few metal tent pegs, comes in a nice bag and is made in grey/grey or blue/grey - but a deep petrolly midnight blue not the usual Jackanory colour.

AND I can do it myself in about 5/10 minutes. We have just spent half an hour going on about it. Sounding like an audition for Victor Meldrew 'I can't believe it' was all we could say. The blooming thing is quite big too, easy room for a small table and chairs. Stows in a long thin circular shape bag approx 4ft x 7ins diameter.

Now I can have FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!   drinksallround  best_friends  beachball
Vardy
Vardy

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony

Back to top Go down

Suction Shelter for Numptys Empty Re: Suction Shelter for Numptys

Post by mikethebike Mon 9 Dec 2013 - 16:53

i think you need a larger van!  Can you leave it in place when you go out for a drive?

regards

Mike
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Suction Shelter for Numptys Empty Re: Suction Shelter for Numptys

Post by Vardy Mon 9 Dec 2013 - 17:19

Hiya Mike  - it is not designed to leave behind but now you've said it, it would be an easy thing to stick a couple of tent poles at the front edges. There is no 'gusset' it's very much a pop up (open edges without the zips) - but I think a quite well made one, it comes up like one of those spider frames. Warm weather or shield for back doors best use.
Vardy
Vardy

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum