Camping Cheques

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Camping Cheques

Post by oldbikerider on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:54 pm

If any members use Camping Cheques please be aware that Caravan & Camping Club (the owners) are putting up the price to £14.99 for next year.
Bearing in mind cheques arer supposed to be worth 15 Euros this is a steep increase and actual conversion rate means you pay around 18 euros for them.
I'm not saying don't buy them  but if you do then buy them through the French site and you will only pay 15 euros. for each one.
If you have a credit card which does not charge you for converting then you also save on the admin charge which is £6.50 through english site but only 4 euros through French site.
oldbikerider

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Camping Cheques

Post by roli on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:58 pm

We stopped using CChqs years ago after the previous UK agent took over. 
When Castells pulled out of the scheme it left a big gap in the network. 
I dont think the CC have enough marketing push to be UK agents
In the last few years we found the ACSI guide better value but not from the 2 clubs as they dont include the free international camping card that is normally included direct or via Vicarious Books

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:49 pm

Just renewed my Gold card on line instead of phoning , the letter I received about my renewal came from the UK, with a renewal price of £22.42 for three years membership. This price was because of some points earned. When I got to the section for it's renewal, obviously in France it was now priced at 22.50 euros, a difference of £3.46 approx at the tourist rate, not the commercial rate which would be even less. 
Is this another case of rip of Britain?

The Bad penny(Leighton)
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Camping Cheques

Post by oldbikerider on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:22 pm

Have now become a load of rubbish.
Price increases. Over expensive exchange rate if buying from UK site. 
Since October have been exchanging e-mails over inability of UK website to load so you cannot post discussion items. All to no avail. Cannot even change user names and password to cure that problem.
They have lost a lot of good sites due to exorbitant charges to owners running them and introduced an increasing number of * Inappropriate Word * sites with barely any facilities.
oldbikerider

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi there,

Still use them occasionally because they have some sites that are more convenient for us when we are on the move.

We always buy via the French site and take the conversion hit on our Debit Card (this way being cheaper than the cost of buying in the UK).

So far, we haven't been disappointed with any of their sites and some of them do a "7 nights for 6 cheques" type of deal which helps reduce costs.

Best regards,
 drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum