Trafic RV50/Rimini seat 'backs'.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trafic RV50/Rimini seat 'backs'.

Post by rob63 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:16 pm

My RV50 interior has been messed around with somewhat, had to ditch the non original rear seat covers although the original foams are in good condition. My question concerns the long seat back foams which seem to hang on two bits of fabric each, from the sides of the van. The fabric is connected with poppers so that the foams can be released to be used on the double bed. I removed the material and the foams are in good condition but they have a piece of plywood/chipboard as backing. Are the foams supposed to have this backing or is it just supposed to be the foams in the material ? Hope that makes sense. smile!
rob63

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trafic RV50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trafic RV50/Rimini seat 'backs'.

Post by daisy mae on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:31 pm

It is suppose to have the plywood backing, I have a Clubman Anniversary, also my previous Topaz, had wood in the back of the seats, they give support, I also have a small shaped piece of plywood that is hinged,  that is so you can slope the settee back to make it more comfortable rather than bolt upright, if the seat part is then not wide enough, just pull the settee out a bit further.

Last edited by daisy mae on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra letter in)
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:06 pm

What Daisy says about the plywood and the strips is correct. Also, you should have two long ones. One as you say is fastened but strips of fabric and press studs and the other should have two plastic hooks on the back to allow it to hang onto the side door.

Frank
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Post by rob63 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:29 pm

Thanks very much gents, that clears up a few mysteries, especially useful concerning the 'U' clips which hook on the side door. I wasn`t sure if they were an original item. :)
rob63

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trafic RV50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum