The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C&CC new pricing for 2014

+11
orian
Shubberdog
micknhilary
Betty's Mum
Peter Brown
Sookey
boxerman
Paulwest55
roli
Traficlady
Paulmold
15 posters

Go down

C&CC new pricing for 2014 Empty C&CC new pricing for 2014

Post by Paulmold Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:50 am

Quite a few changes in store for 2014, copied below....

Worth noting is that age concession is going up to 60 so if anyone over 55 has not had their cards stamped, then they should do so now as those who have the concession now will keep it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

C&CC new pricing for 2014 Empty Re: C&CC new pricing for 2014

Post by Traficlady Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:22 pm

What on earth possessed them to make all those changes - and so complicated too!

I organise rallies for the Renault Trafic Motorhome Register and this has completely thrown my plans out for next year, I can't ask our members to pay in excess of £20 a night for the privilege of staying on a club site. I'm having to work out 4 prices to decide the best times to go.

I think the C&CC will find a lot of members not renewing in the next few months. 

Nora

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:07 pm

The reaction has been similar on other forums and is not not popular as Nora says - how can you plan ahead. Think the C&CC may well loose a few members
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

C&CC new pricing for 2014 Empty Re c&cc new prices for 2014

Post by Paulwest55 Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Re c&cc new prices for 2014

We have looked at the c&cc and always found it to be a complex
pricing system lots of extras to add on to find the end price so not very competitive. Sticking  with the cc as they have some good deals on only 11s for two mid week offers and cls and every little helps to make getting away affordable and to find the end price.

Can & Paul

Last edited by Paulwest55 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Paulwest55
Paulwest55
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Eleven shillings for 2! 5/6d each! that's a good offer, I think I'll join up! 

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

C&CC new pricing for 2014 Empty Re c&cc new prices for 2014

Post by Sookey Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:22 pm

They appear to be adopting the package holiday style of pricing - do you book early to get the site you want or leave it till the last minute hoping to get a bargain price (a la lastminute.com). Then again, you could leave it till the last minute and find, because the site is so popular, you're paying more than those that booked early. I take it, that once you've booked and paid, that's the price set???  confused3 
They do have some bargains (especially with the age concession and being a singleton) and I like some of their sites, so I will probably stick with them. Horses for courses, as they say

regards

Sookey
walkies
Sookey
Sookey
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:35 am

One price change I missed earlier (you have to open the 'price card insert' to see) is service pitches now have two prices - grass service pitch £3.85 and hardstanding service pitch £4.85. I can see a lot of grass pitches being churned up as folk save money by using grass pitches instead of hardstandings.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:59 am

I want hardstanding in the winter - maybe that's part of their thinking to claw in a few bob (20/- Frank, to be precise wave) in the low season.

They have a Facebook page which is full of complaints (and responses from the C&CC, for what their worth) and apparently if you phone them, they're making notes of all complaints.

The more people who complain, the more likely we are to get something done. I don't believe in complaining with your feet, you must tell people what's wrong otherwise they don't know. Although I think they probably would in this instance.

Nora

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:04 pm

I've lifted this reply from the C&CC to a member who emailed his feelings to the club, its on their facebook page.....

''

'Thank you for your feedback regarding the new pricing structure we have introduced for the coming season.

The decision was made working alongside the National Council, to completely revamp the pricing structure. This decision was not taken lightly and we believe it to be in the best interests of our members and of the Club to ensure we are still providing our members with a great camping experience along with competitive prices.

Our old pricing structure didn’t provide the Club with the flexibility we really wanted to offer our members. The new pricing structure falls in line with much of the industry standards, and means we can provide the very best prices to members, whilst also safeguarding the Club’s future.
We are confident that the new pricing structure will improve occupancy to drive an improved site network, offer a greater opportunity for value deals to camp on Club Sites and has enabled us to offer enhanced member benefits.

We made the decision to return our Concession rate to 60, to return closer to the pension age. We have also decided to reduce the discount received for Age Concession, to 25%. We came to this decision, as we have also reduced the cost on a large number of our sites throughout the various seasons.

We will share your comments with the Club’s senior management team.' ''

I think a two word response would have sufficed.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:53 pm

That reply looks very familiar to the reply I got when I complained biggrin 

Thank you for your email regarding the new pricing structure we have introduced for the coming season.

The decision was made working alongside the National Council, to completely revamp the pricing structure.   This decision was not taken lightly and we believe it to be in the best interests of our members and of the Club to ensure we are still providing our members with a great camping experience along with competitive prices.

Our old pricing structure didn’t provide the Club with the flexibility we really wanted to offer our members.  The new pricing structure falls in line with much of the industry standards, and means we can provide the very best prices to members, whilst also safeguarding the Club’s future.

We are confident that the new pricing structure will improve occupancy to drive an improved site network, offer a greater opportunity for value deals to camp on Club Sites and has enabled us to offer enhanced member benefits including an improved family deal, children half price and a 25% discount for Age Concession members.

We made the decision to introduce a new season, as we found that in a lot of instances, we were charging too little or too much at certain times of the year. Rather than applying High Season prices to the whole of the busy summer periods, we designed the Shoulder Season to give members the best possible prices available, at busy periods of the year.

I asked if was the standard agreed reply to complaints but I haven't had a response. I think this proves I'm right?

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Never having entered a facilities block, I find the pricing strategy of both major clubs annoying but just have to live with it.

We choose sites for their location relevant to the trip we are planning and unless a hard standing is available on a CL/CS it is a main site (when you can find one open) in the winter.

Oh how happy I would be to have a large network of Aires in the UK.

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Betty's Mum Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:53 pm

I tend to just use rally sites but find it irritating that they no longer publish the pun either online or in the Out & About - these prices seem to be creeping up quite quickly ... but perhaps I am just remembering those bargain prices I was paying 17 years ago when I first joined and was taking a tent out with 4 kids having found it blooming expensive on commercial sites! biggrin
Betty's Mum
Betty's Mum

Female

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : VW T4 Trophy

Back to top Go down

Post by micknhilary Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:56 pm

We are very sad that the C & CC have revised their pricing in the way that they have. Needlessly complicated and makes it just about impossible to calculate an accurate price.
As members of both the major clubs we have found over the years that our major usage was with the C & CC, but from now on I am sure that  will all change. One has to wonder if the decision makers of the C & CC ever use their own product.
Mick. confused3
micknhilary
micknhilary
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : none
Vehicle Year : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Shubberdog Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:21 am

I have recently complained to the C+CC about their pricing policy needless to say they have not replied can I encourage every one else to complain as well
Shubberdog
Shubberdog

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Talisman+Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:07 pm

You'll probably get the same standardised letter that I and others have received.
I agree though, the more who complain, the better.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:17 pm

There are loads of people complaining on their Facebook page. They're replying, but pretty standard "your comments have been noted" type of thing which means absolutely nothing.

Nora

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by orian Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:40 pm

I have emailed a complaint to C&CC pointing out that the age concession has dropped to 25% and the cost of this years camping at next years prices would be about 33% higher.

I also confirmed I have joined the Caravan Club but I doubt if I will get a pitch because many of us will be boycotting C&CC.smile! 

In summary it is good so many have complained but I hope they don't use the sites and occupancy levels force a u turn.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:42 am

The C&CC have just issued an FAQ page. Recently renewed my C&CC membership for this year but will be comparing prices with CC during the next 12 months.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:26 am

Thanks for that Matt, I've just read though it.
Once upon a time, FAQ meant Frequently Asked Questions, nowadays it seems to mean (and not just by the C&CC) questions we'd like you to have asked.
It looks to have been written by the person who drafted the standard replies we've all been getting - meaningless management speak.

Why not just say " we want to fleece customers out of as much money as possible" and be honest about it.

It's supposed to be a club, with paying members and yet we get all these excuses from weather to retirement age to try to justify this mish-mash of a tariff system.
How many commercial sites have such a complex tariff? and they have to show a profit as there are no membership fees to fall back on.
I think that the C&CC are banking on the fact that many of their members will not camp on non-club sites and are brainwashed into thinking that they will have bad experiences on a commercial site.

Frank

Last edited by boxerman on Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : something funny with the formatting?)
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:27 am

We are having a couple of nights away soon so will ask the site owner what they think if I get the chance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by orian Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Boxerman, you took the words out of my mouth.allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyval Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:20 pm

Caravan club CL's -- we have been looking at the current sites directory especially the CL listings. It would appear if we are reading it correctly that loads of the CL's do not take motorhomes - Given that we have never yet used a CL is this usual? We are assuming that NO motorhome symbol  = NO motorhomes --any advice on this 
Thanks
Mikeyval

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:53 pm

I am interested in the CC  if they don`t take Motor homes on CL`s  that could be a problem.

Have been a member of the C &CC for twenty five years, and not happy with them now, think they have shot themselves in the foot. so I am interested in joining the CC, although the reports of the jobsworthy wardens is a bit of a turn off. what do other members think. ? do you still have to pay for two adults with the CC even if you are on your own. ?

Have had emails from the C&CC regarding special offers, so I think it is having an effect already.

Could have done without this at the beginning of the season, does take the shine off it.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:36 pm

mikeyval wrote:Caravan club CL's -- we have been looking at the current sites directory especially the CL listings. It would appear if we are reading it correctly that loads of the CL's do not take motorhomes - Given that we have never yet used a CL is this usual? We are assuming that NO motorhome symbol  = NO motorhomes --any advice on this 
Thanks
Mikeyval
Hi

I don't have my book with me but looking on the CC website very few sites seem not to have the "Suitable for motorhomes" symbol - for example, in Cornwall there are 109 sites of which 105 have the motorhome logo and only 4 don't ; Northumberland 22/22 do, Lancashire 69/70 are OK, etc.  Maybe there's a problem with printing of the keys the book?   If you post which area are you looking at, I'll search online and check or you can go to http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/search-and-book/certificated-locations and do so for yourself.

I've used loads of CLs and CSs and have never been turned away for being in a motorhome. I've been to some where the normal field was boggy and there was no official hardstanding but have always been offered an alternative position in the corner of the farmyard, on the front drive, etc.    CL/CS owners are usually very friendly and obliging.

cheers
Roger
rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewart John Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:15 pm

Hi

I mostly do Caravan Club sites which they charge a pitch fee and charge for per person which for me is nearly as cheap as a CL travelling on my own.      hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Topaz 2.0 2014

Back to top Go down