Of Mice and Motorhomes

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Of Mice and Motorhomes

Post by Jaytee on Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:21 am

So sorry to hear of your hassle dogtired, not a good start but am sure will be worth it in the end.
What's the gas logburner? I know they do stink, all the post that came with them smelt and I bet the posty wondered what on earth we were having delivered. We too have a lot of rats around from the next door livestock farm and they are all around the area we keep Florrie but touch wood they have not decided to like MH's or caravans yet and they don't venture (very often) into the garden. Keeping a wary eye on them though. think_smiley_46

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi Jaytee,
According to Wiki, mothballs that contain Naphthalene are pesticides that evaporate from a solid state, to a toxic gas that is best not inhaled, as the vapours are harmful to breathe.     think_smiley_46
That's why I'm getting Camphor ones.........still toxic, but not as bad it seems, not that I intend getting high on it............. lol4
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:39 pm

You'll be ok logburner as long as you don't sleep in the wardrobe.

John. hugegrins
artheytrate

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:14 am

Found mice in my first van so now am wary of them. I had the choice of putting my new van in the shed next door for the winter but decided against it as there are rats there even though they get poisoned every now and again. I now inspect  inside every week for signs of mice. They leave dirty footprints and dirty poo.
Mothballs sound a good idea.Lets us all know if they work. Traps work but I always think you encourage more as you have to put food on them.
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg on Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:20 am

we use mothballs to stop the cats using our garden as a toilet, they work very well, put them down twice a year.
Pete
breakaleg

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:49 pm

Moth Balls have arrived now.....not quite sure what to do with them ?      scratch head  Camphor ones !!
Swmbo has declared, "Not inside the van".......... shrugg couple in engine compartment !    allthumbz
Maybe I'll put them in little net pouches, and staple them around, underneath the van near the vents.    think_smiley_46  And the odd couple in the gas locker.  Any suggestions gratefully received.   Whistle1
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:42 pm

As I have not had any issues with them getting into the hab area, just the engine,  I have just put them in the engine bay. A clip,e of plastic containers with four in each. Seeing how it how.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum