Looking for.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for.

Post by Shuggiegreen on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:08 pm

I am looking for a set of External Screens with the fold down flap for my 1997 VWT4 Autosleeper Clubman GL I know the company that make the original ones in Yorkshire are a good quality but a bit pricey at £139.I have seen a set from a German company on E.Bay for £95 but obviously dont know about the quality does anyone know of a good quality but not as pricey set ? or is £139 not to bad ?
Shuggiegreen

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for.

Post by daisy mae on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Silver screens are well worth the money, I know they are more pricey, but I only wanted to buy the once. You may be able to get a second hand set from e-bay .
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:19 pm

I seem to recall paying under €70 for full front external, and the centre over the windscreen could fold down to let in light if required.   It was at one of the shows.    They were fully quilted with full Velcro seams.

Shop around........  €130 seems a bit much.

Good luck. up!
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:47 am

Bob K.   I am shopping around Just Kampers have them at £50 but I dont know anyone who has bought them to find out if the quality is ok ? Like you for the amount of mateial that is involved £139 seem costly.
Shuggiegreen

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:33 am

There's at least one thread about the Just Kampers screens in the T5 section of the UK VWT4forum (and probably some in the T4 section as well).

Most people that have bought them seemed to reckon they were Ok, but a bit less resistant to rolling up and flapping in very strong winds. One user reported stitching a Velcro strap to each side to fix theirs down at the mirrors.

I've considered the Silver Screens version before, but the T5 version is £160 as opposed to £140 for the T4 version, and, no matter how well made they are, I cannot justify that much on some insulating fabric!
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 20
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:19 pm

mojo   I had the original Silver screens many years ago for my first T4 they were very well made and quite thickly padded and they worked a treat. However,the price as you say has jumped to £139 and as a pensioner is steep.Although If you get it wrong and the cheaper set doesnt work it can work out more expensive if you have to buy another set to replace the cheaper ones it can work out expensive Decisions Decisions Decisions.
Shuggiegreen

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:36 pm

Well, if you buy online you are covered by the DSRs, so if you buy and decide within 7 days that you don't like them, all it will cost is the return postage...
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 20
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:32 pm

mojo. I never thought about that but I think you would really need to take them on at least a couple of trips to know if they are any good and 7 days would be rather a short time frame. What is best is feedback from somone who has used them Good or Bad.
Shuggiegreen

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum