The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any INCA owners on the forum?

+4
rocket launcher
Silver Slurper
roli
CC
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any INCA owners on the forum? Empty Any INCA owners on the forum?

Post by CC Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Just wondering if we have any AS Inca owners on the forum?

Never really considered this model before but was looking on Google a short while ago to see whats available and I noticed the Inca which seems like a bigger brother to the Nuevo?
Really like the look of it, especially with those side cab steps, like the rear end as well with the circular sunken lights like some of the other newer models.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Only thing I'm not convinced about is the interior layout with the rear lounge, like the idea of lots of space but not sure how much work or effort is involved converting into sleeping mode?

Anyway............. Another AS model to run past MrsCC hugegrins

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Any INCA owners on the forum? Empty Re: Any INCA owners on the forum?

Post by CC Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:46 pm

Just found a very good pdf test report article for the Inca by MMM incase it interests others: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It seems the Inca is also available with a rear kitchen, as well as the rear lounge configuration. As much as I like the rear lounge I think the lounge up front with the twin seats opposite each other & a table (similar layout to the pollensa that we like and is also inline for consideration) would work well for us.

Also... I think MrsCC prefers the look of the Inca over the Nuevo, bit concerned about the width as our recent trip to Devon was a pretty hair raising experience on those narrow single file country lanes in the Trident let alone something quite a bit wider innocent

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:30 pm

i'll pm you
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:15 am

Thanks for the info & advice via PM roli

See we have a new member called "Incadriver" Coincidence maybe? hugegrins Welcome to the forum Incadriver if you are reading this look here

Hopefully you can tell me more about the Inca? We like the pullman dinette layout best and this is what we would ideally be looking to get, also like the fact we can use two singles or make up to a double, like the cab being free of obstructions as gear stick mounted on dash, handbrake beside drivers seat on the right (currently like an obstacle course in our Trident) main area of concern is maneuverability and the width not sure we could navigate narrow roads and car parking maybe is an issue compared to our current Trident?

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Slurper Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:13 am

Good morning, I am that Inca driver. We just got the van at the beginning of July but have covered about 1200 miles so far, from home in the Lake District up to Inverness and back. It's a rear kitchen model and we are very pleased with it. Negotiating narrow roads isn't too bad as long as you take your time, and who needs to rush anyway. The beds are comfortable and the lounge double is quite vast which at 6'4'' and 5'10'' suits us fine. The bathroom is good too, perhaps the basin could be a bit bigger but the separate shower is handy and can accommodate my bulk. There is loads of storage, the external locker seems to swallow all sorts of bits and pieces. Also the gas locker will take 2x7kg bottles if you want to go away for ever. We use smaller bottles and find the levelling chocks and hook up cable fit in nicely along side.Everything else is up to the usual Autosleeper high standard as you would expect. We have had an assortment of autosleepers over the last few years but hopefully this is the one for us.
Having said all that Incas do seem to be as rare as hens teeth ( although we did park next to one in Inverness and we were only the second he had seen ). We were looking for a Pollensa and came across the Inca by a happy accident. We can thoroughly recmmend it.
By the way, thanks for the welcome. Hello to you all.
Silver Slurper
Silver Slurper

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Orian Zeta

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi There Incadriver smile!

Yes, the Inca's do seem quite sparse on the ground although there are one or two currently for sale with very low miles on the clock. We are drawn to this vehicle as it seems to be everything we are after, we need space our main reason for wanting to upgrade from the Trident.

I like the Nuevo vans alot but MrsCC isn't so keen, what really sways me is we can get an Inca for similar money as the Nuevo and my personal feeling is the Inca is a nicer looking vehicle both externally & internally. We have agreed we must have the pullman dinette in our next vehicle if we are able to and with the Inca you just seem to get alot of vehicle for your money compared to other models. I don't know what numbers Auto-Sleepers made the Inca in, but I'd be interested to know?

Glad to hear you don't find yours too wide, that is our main concern as we have just recently returned from Devon & I lost count of the times we had to stop and reverse back or cars coming in the opposite direction had to do the same, it would worry me a great deal navigating those single track lanes in something as big as the Inca so this is still our main concern, a look around on Google would suggest the Inca is approx 7ft 7" wide x 19ft 7" long compared to the Nuevo's 7ft 2" width x 17ft 7" another model the Sherbourne which we were also considering comes in at around 7ft 3" wide x 19ft 10" long so there isn't a great deal between these vehicles dimensions that I can find?

I notice Todds have an Inca listed but state it's a 2.2D not a 2.8D which I understood they all were or is this just a typo?

What MPG do you get from yours? Does it pull OK on hills etc? Also, are the dinette seat covers removable?

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Slurper Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:32 pm

Greetings again Mr CC,
On our Scottish adventure we averaged around 28 mpg which I reckon aint too bad. Also it managed all roads and hills without any trouble. When I collected the van from Martins Of Exeter I had about 300 miles of motorway driving ahead and at times I believe the van could have managed 85mph, although I kept below 70 you understand.
The van you have seen for sale in Todds is I think an old advert and no longer available. I have dealt with Todds for all my vans ( Symphony, Taliman, Gatcombe, Peugeot Ravenna and Ford Ravenna ) except my Inca as they were unable to help on this occassion. But they are a fine dealership if you do go there.
I don't think the covers come off the Inca but to be honest we haven't tried.
Hope this has been some help.
Silver Slurper
Silver Slurper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:02 pm

Reassuring to hear it's OK on hills, we usually cruise at about 65-70 Don't worry.... any higher & MrsCC soon lets me know broomstick rolleyes Sounds like you have owned a few Auto-Sleepers in your time, so guessing as you don't (as yet) have anything negative to say about the Inca is a good sign.
up!

I read that the accelerator pedal because of it's height or angle can be uncomfortable in slow moving traffic, do you find this? Also, without driving the Peugeot base vehicle I'm unsure how comfortable they are over long distance driving, as there are so many of them around I'm guessing they must be pretty good, how do you find yours? I can drive our Trident 300+ miles and get out feeling like I've just driven down the road so comfort is quite important.

Thanks for your feedback smile!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:36 pm

There is nowt wrong with the Boxers accelerator pedal (if its a 2.5td or 2.8td engine) someones winding you up CC
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Slurper Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:47 pm

I believe the Trident is based on a VW the same as my old Gatcombe was. My Gatcombe was the best and most car like motorhome to drive that I have had and the Boxer is not as comfortable to drive, but, having said that, it is ok.As I said earlier we've just completed a 1200 mile round trip of Scotland in 10 days with no adverse effects. My boxer based Ravenna was uncomfortable to drive for long as the seat was restricted by the washroom wall behind it and being tall I couldn't get enough leg room, the Inca has no such restictions and my legs are happy legs.

Incadriver.
Silver Slurper
Silver Slurper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:55 am

roli wrote:There is nowt wrong with the Boxers accelerator pedal (if its a 2.5td or 2.8td engine) someones winding you up CC

Hi Roli

I read the following in the pdf link in my 2nd post where is quotes: "However, driving at slower speeds can still cause foot-ache - as smaller throttle openings cause your right foot to be held up at an unnatural angle" but I'm sure I read it elsewhere also that the throttle pedal sits high, maybe other boxer or Inca drivers can confirm either way? but I suspect as Roli says it's fine!

I have to admit I found the pedal on our Trident strange at first, mainly because its angled but also because the sides of your right foot makes contact with the wheel arch almost all the time you drive, annoyed me a bit at the start but now I don't even notice!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:15 am

Incadriver wrote:I believe the Trident is based on a VW the same as my old Gatcombe was. My Gatcombe was the best and most car like motorhome to drive that I have had and the Boxer is not as comfortable to drive, but, having said that, it is ok..

Hi Again Incadriver

Have heard this kind of sentiment a few times now, recently at the C&CC site at Damage Barton I spoke to a couple with a Clubman and got talking about how we wanted to upgrade to a Nuevo or similar, their response was quite negative saying they purchased a Peugeot based Auto-Sleeper (didn't say which model) and within 10 mins of driving it realised they had made a big mistake, so sold it and got the Clubman which they spoke very highly of especially for driving comfort.

When we bought our Trident the guy who sold it to us (in Lincs) said he used to travel down to Cornwall on a friday evening after work and when he arrived he felt almost as good as when he left home, at the time I thought to myself what a load of flannel! he's just trying to persuade us to buy it, but have to admit we have had a number of long distance trips and I've never suffered tiredness, cramps or discomfort of any kind, would hate to move away from the VW base vehicle & not get a similar driving experience
think_smiley_46

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:29 pm

Was looking through the Memberlist last night and see as well as Incadriver we have two other Inca owners on the forum that I wasn't aware of ROGGER GARRETT and valeriehayne

Be really nice to have some more feedback from these members and maybe a few photos up!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket launcher Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:21 pm

pick mine up tomorrow so you can add me to the list 2005 EK model ticks all the boxes getting it from tyne valley motorhomes from the north east
rocket launcher
rocket launcher

Male

Auto-Sleeper : BROADWAY FIXED BED

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:11 pm

rocket launcher wrote:pick mine up tomorrow so you can add me to the list 2005 EK model ticks all the boxes getting it from tyne valley motorhomes from the north east

Nice to see another Inca owner, look forward to hearing all about it & seeing a photo sometime smile!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Any INCA owners on the forum? Empty Any INCA owners on the forum?

Post by Rednose Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:29 am

wave

I am an INCA owner - since June this year. INCA EK 2.2HDI 2004 model - it had done 21,535 when we bought it. We went to look at caravans and when I saw the beauty I fell in love with it! It is our first MH and so far we have done 1,500 miles and love every minute of it.

The water pump is rather noisy, but I believe this can be rectified. Other than that it is fabulous to drive and quite spacious inside.
Rednose
Rednose
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Inca EK 4 berth

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi Rednose

Yes we really like the Inca but looking around you don't get many come up for sale! Todds had one and so did Lowdhams but both had been sold when we contacted them so_sad So we are stuck between an Inca or a Nuevo (would like a NuevoII) so will see what the coming weeks bring our way, in no real rush especially with the season coming to an end so have plenty of time to look smile!

We have been keeping an eye out on the road for Inca's and they are quite rare (would still like to know how many AS actually produced?) we've only seen one parked up in a lay by on our way to / near the Malvern showground recently, wasn't you or anyone else here was it?

We have several Inca owners on the forum now from what I can gather up!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rednose Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi Cruizing Comet

Good luck with finding a new MH. When we decided on ours I went on e-bay to compare prices etc and there were two identical ones for sale.

No it wasn't us parked on a lay-by that you saw, we usually go to National Trust places on the way home.

I have now successfully added my Inca photo for all to see!

Cheers! Rednose hulahoop-girl
Rednose
Rednose
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Inca EK 4 berth

Back to top Go down

Any INCA owners on the forum? Empty USED INCA

Post by moggyminor1966 Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Just spotted a used Inca if anyone is still looking for one! dont_mentionIt dont_mentionIt

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:06 pm

Rednose wrote:Hi Cruizing Comet

I have now successfully added my Inca photo for all to see!

It looks smashing Rednose up!

rocket launcher wrote:pick mine up tomorrow so you can add me to the list 2005 EK model ticks all the boxes getting it from tyne valley motorhomes from the north east

How are you finding your Inca rocket launcher? Haven't heard any more, hopefully everything went to plan smile!

moggyminor1966 wrote:Just spotted a used Inca if anyone is still looking for one!

Thanks Moggy

That's the Lowdhams Inca which sold a few weeks ago that we inquired about, they told us it was sold and were trying to sell us a 40k+ broadway instead (No chance!) will check again that it's sold in case the sale fell through or something shrugg

Male

Back to top Go down

Any INCA owners on the forum? Empty USED INCA

Post by moggyminor1966 Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Just spotted another one!

moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi Moggy

That Inca is an EL, were interested in an EK model but thanks for taking the trouble to post anyway smile!
Seems the EL Inca's are not so in demand as the EK models as they don't get snapped up as quick!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Any INCA owners on the forum? Empty any inca owners

Post by ROGER GARRETT Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:51 pm

Noticed my name in dispatches so thought i'd better make a contribution.

Bought our Inca ek this year,and we're very pleased with it generally. We did investigate the model to compare with similar available, and I have to say that we relied on the MMM review of January 05 entitled "INCA ENTERTAINMENT" You can access this review on-line using the title wording.

The review is very comprehensive, accurate, and fair in it's content, the only difference being that ours does not have a drivers seat that turns, (an optional extra I believe)

Best of luck in finding what you want, concentrate your priorities, there will be compromises whatever you choose.
ROGER GARRETT

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Inca

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket launcher Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:30 pm

well been away for a week in the inca

couple of faults found the bed has broke the slide went in the night and threw all of its bearings onto the floor so have had to use the large bed as 2 singles, would recommend putting the front seat forward and then adjusting the tilt to get a good stretch(6feet 4) otherwise cant sleep beds are not the longest
the other fault is the tv reception no reception at all, covered half aerial with silver foil picked up bbc channels went out bought a 12 quid indoor aerial perfect picture, so will have to replace the teleco wing with one of them directional cheese ones i the future

other problem is the cold coming from the front cab the kitchen is red hot the front is cold (seat area)
so got some silver foil covers for the windows which prevent escape and they have made a slight any advice would be welcome

the other thing that irritates is the speed the water emptys from the sink if you connect a waste master to the outside tap no problem
but if you dont then the air hole is one of the plug holes in the bathroom, so once you use the shower it does not run away unless you get the plunger out, the freshwater tank is fitted with breather holes but the waste gray tank is not, again advice would be welcomed

on the whole these are teething problems and i am very happy with the inca it is the perfect choice for me and the wife the upper bed makes a welcome storage area for the wastemasters/aquarolls a tip here get an aquaroll and a whalepump then you can fill up the freshwater without moving the van
the layout is fabulas and my van is the same as the one in this review colour everything

i can see me having a great time in the van and i am looking forward to my next break and i am planning for next year already
rocket launcher
rocket launcher

Male

Auto-Sleeper : BROADWAY FIXED BED

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:00 pm

Has it got the beer tap valve or a straight though on the waste outlet ?

The beer taps are a waste of time and something AS did away with on wastes a few years ago. If this is the case CAK tanks do a good straight through that will certainly speed up waste emptying
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next