The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo loss of acceleration in wet conditions

4 posters

Go down

Nuevo loss of acceleration in wet conditions Empty Nuevo loss of acceleration in wet conditions

Post by Neil Bagshaw Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:51 am

New to this but has anyone else experienced the problem of loss of acceleration while driving in heavy rain, 2003 Nuevo ES, HDI . After drying out and use of water dispersal spray  the problem seemed solved but I am worried that this may happen again. Anything that I could do to avoid this happening in the future would be useful!
Neil Bagshaw
Neil Bagshaw

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES 2003

Back to top Go down

Nuevo loss of acceleration in wet conditions Empty Sounds like

Post by jimthefish Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:51 pm

It sounds like your turbo is not kicking in because of a damp or wet connection. Diesels usually don't suffer electrical problems but the MAF connection might be getting damp and shorting out the turbo switch. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure where the connector is located but have a look at what they look like and you might find it.

PS that's the limit of my knowledge but don't think its a serious problem just a loose or damp connection, good luck in tracking it down and keep us other Nuevo owners up to date. Jim
jimthefish
jimthefish

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Nuevo loss of acceleration in wet conditions Empty Re: Nuevo loss of acceleration in wet conditions

Post by Paulmold Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:32 pm

I've been told by my mechanic (I'm waiting to collect my new-to-me 2006 Nuevo) that they suffer from wiring loom problems. Not knowing whether yours is on the old boxer or the new x250, I've found this on the caravan club forum regarding a cover over the injectors which might be the answer......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo loss of acceleration in wet conditions Empty Re: Nuevo loss of acceleration in wet conditions

Post by -mojo- Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:16 pm

The drying out and water dispersal spray may have been effective, but it may also be a red herring. It sounds like the van went into "limp home mode", and generally if you turn off the engine, limp mode is cancelled anyway, so next time you start you should be back to full power again until the fault re-occurs.

As above, it's probably a sensor/actuator problem, but unless you get the engine management fault codes read you are just guessing. The ECU should store old error codes, so you can access them at a later date (i.e. they generally have to be manually cleared). Rather than take it to a main dealer (paying maybe £50 for very little effort on their part) you should be able to find a local auto electrician that will come to you with a code reader and do it for less.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil Bagshaw Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:36 pm

thanks.smile! 
At the time the AA were unable to find the fault using their diagnostic computer and after the vehicle was up and running again the garage that I visited as a precaution said the same.
Neil Bagshaw
Neil Bagshaw

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Was it a Peugeot garage?

You may be aware of this already, but the problem with commercial vehicles/base vehicles is that the standardisation of the engine management interfaces did not come in until way after it did for cars - a 2006 van may well be proprietary and unreadable to a standard (OBDII) reader.

This can be extremely annoying for owners of vans made in the "in between" period when ECUs became common but standard interfaces were not. The Mk5 Fords are like this, and many Ford dealers are unable to read the codes on them because they have disposed of their diagnostic equipment for that generation of ECUs!
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down