The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tap for Bathroom Sink Nuevo es 2004

4 posters

Go down

Tap for Bathroom Sink Nuevo es 2004 Empty Tap for Bathroom Sink Nuevo es 2004

Post by Flynn Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:39 am

Hi,

I am trying to find a replacement (current one leaks) tap for the bathroom sink in my Nuevo ES2004. Autosleepers were unable to help due to the age of the vehicle (all current taps are different size).

There are no markings on the tap so I don't know who the original supplier was.

Thanks
Flynn
Flynn

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Tap for Bathroom Sink Nuevo es 2004 Empty Re: Tap for Bathroom Sink Nuevo es 2004

Post by Peter Brown Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:06 am

Who did you speak to at Autosleepers? I'm aware of two much older vehicles that have had taps supplied by AS in the last 12 months. In any event AS use standard caravan industry taps so if you do an image search on google for caravan tap you will find it.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Tap for Bathroom Sink Nuevo es 2004 Empty Re: Tap for Bathroom Sink Nuevo es 2004

Post by jimthefish Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:44 am

If its a lever mixer tap you will find that its the inner cartridge that has gone they are easy to replace you just need to use an Alan key or small screwdriver to remover the lever unscrew the dome top by hand (if its a bit tight use some form of grip but not a metal grips) and use a spanner to free the cartridge and replace its with a new cartridge. Sometimes its just the cartridge locking nut that comes loose.
Just make sure you have the correct diameter cartridge before you buy. This is the type on my 2005 Nuevo [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jim
jimthefish
jimthefish

Male

Member Age : 78

Back to top Go down

Tap for Bathroom Sink Nuevo es 2004 Empty Thanks

Post by Flynn Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Thanks to you and Peter for your replies I will follow both avenues and hopefully I will be able to resolve the problem.

I have replaced  the tap with the nearest I could find after visiting a number of Motorhome accessory shops in the west country. The problem is it is a fraction bit taller than the original which because of the moulding around the tap inhibits opening fully.
Flynn
Flynn

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:17 pm

We replaced our tap at Highbridge caravans just a couple of miles further down the road from westcountry motorhomes, they had a bigger accessory shop, so more choice of taps
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Tap for Bathroom Sink Nuevo es 2004 Empty Tap found

Post by Flynn Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Hi,

Just to close the loop and for any future readers I found the correct tap at "The caravan and Camping Store" for £29.95.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Flynn
Flynn

Male

Back to top Go down